S4 E3 The Newborn

It was very late in the night. Kion was getting worried because Rani was still awake.

"Why can't you sleep Rani? It's really late and you're gonna need all the rest you can get," said Kion anxiously, "I'm really worried for you Rani,"

"I know, I know, but I'm nocturnal anyway so it's fine," said Rani. She didn't sound tired at all.

"But it's different! You're gonna be-" Kion got interrupted, by Rani,

"Shh, Kion, as long as I know you're asleep I'll know that you're ok" but before she knew it, she fell asleep before Kion.

Everyday Rani's stomach became bigger. Kion was very worried about her. Each day he brought her 3 meals and only takes one bite. Sometimes when Rani was asleep he ate her leftovers because by then, he was too tired to hunt for himself. Rani was also worried about Kion, but she couldn't do much. She also worried about the birth of her cub. She wanted it to be born safely.

Many months passed and Rani's tummy grew bigger. Kion almost lost track of how many months were going by. He and Rani guessed it was around six months as the season had changed twice; it was the wet season now. Makini did say it will take around six months and two days for Rani's cub to be born. Kion was now very anxious. Rani was always in a lot of pain but she kept saying she was ok.

One afternoon, Rani was in more pain than usual. Kion called Makini to check on Rani. Makini told them that Rani was going to give birth very soon. Just then, Rani groaned in pain as she fell to the ground.

"You mean now?!" Asked Kion worriedly

"A-apparently," stammered Makini as she walked to Rani to help ease her pain.

Kion watched very closely. He licked Rani's cheek and stood back to give her some space.

AA few moments later, Kion heard a new voice crying

AA few moments later, Kion heard a new voice crying. He looked at Rani and saw that she was curled up with a small lion cub that looked almost like Rani. It appeared to be a boy as it had a bit of reddish brown fur at the top of its head like a mane. It was awfully adorable.

Kion was excited

Kion was excited. He would now get to raise a cub of his own.

His brain was telling him "HAVE ANOTHER ONE!!" but his heart told him, "Rani will be in so much pain again, WHAT IF SHE DIES!?"

Kion just ignored his thoughts. He nuzzled Rani. Suddenly the cub made a weird squeaking noise. It was going to be a long day. (And a long chapter 😉)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Quick Note:

I know the past two chapters are short, but I'm going to try and make this one longer. My goal is 1000 words.

If you want you can stop here and skip to the next chapter, or you can continue reading. All that happens in this chapter is: they finish the day, name the cub, and some Fuli x Kion things happen!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

It was midday and the cub would get hungry anytime soon.

"So, what's it gonna eat?" Asked Kion confused as he was new to being a father.

"Mothers milk," answered Rani as the cub played with her tail.

"What should we name him? We can't keep calling him 'the cub' or 'it' right?" Asked Kion.

"Right, what about, Raja?" Answered Rani.

The cub smiled to the name and giggled

"I guess he likes it," said Kion.

"I guess so," Rani agreed.

Suddenly, the cub started crying.

"Go feed your cub," Said Kion playfully.

"He's your cub too you know," Rani pointed out, "you asked for him."

"Yeah, but you still gotta feed him 'till he's older" protested Kion as he lay down next to the cub to play.

Rani lay down next to the cub, so he and Kion made a circle together and the cub was in the middle. Rani started licking Raja's fur and Raja ran closer to Rani and started drinking her milk.

"I'm going to go and hunt for us," said Kion as he stood up.

When Kion went out to hunt, he saw Azaad running after a gazelle. Sadly, Azaad didn't catch it.

"Hi Azaad! Are you hunting for your family?" Asked Kion

"Yeah, I'm getting stressed. Our cubs keep running around everywhere and Fuli hasn't been sleeping well." Answered Azaad, yawning.

"Oh. Would you, Fuli and your cubs like to come over for lunch? Just to meet up again. We haven't seen you guys in a long time." Offered Kion

"That would be great. Let's go hunt first. Meet you there!" Agreed Azaad and he sped off.

Kion saw three deer. He quickly hunted them and brought them back to the tree.

Kion felt weird doing the hunting for Rani. Male lions don't usually hunt for the Pride. Kion was doing it out of his love.

Suddenly Kion had a flashback. He remembered all the times he acted as if he loved Fuli and Jasiri. He always had a slight crush on them. All until he met Rani.

"No, now Fuli loves Azaad and Jasiri loves Janja. I don't love them anymore. They are JUST FRIENDS." Kion repetitively thought to himself.

He dragged the three deer into the tree. When he got there he was surprised to see Fuli, Azaad and their cubs even though he invited them. His heart always started beating fast when he saw Fuli.

"Hi guys, I brought extra deer for us to share," Said Kion.

"Great! I brought oryxes" Said Azaad

Fuli and Rani sat next to each other and Kion and Azaad sat together. The three cubs were playing on Kion and Rani's rock.

All of them talked about how they all met each other and they kept stopping mid-sentence to chew on their food. Kion saw that Fuli didn't mind when her cubs pulled her ears or when Azaad touched her extremely soft fur. She just smiled

It was getting late and the cubs needed to sleep.

"Sorry guys, but it's really late" Said Rani.

"And the cubs need to sleep," Fuli pointed out.

"Ok, goodbye then. We should do this more often," Said Kion happily.

"Bye! See you around!" Azaad said.

When Fuli walked past Kion, her fur brushed on him. Kion's heart was pounding. Did he still love her?

———————————————

Thanks for reading! I'll update ASAP! I hope you liked this chapter and you read up to here!

I managed to make this 1092 words!

Tell me if it's not long enough.

Edited by:

Callista_Velda7Jacks

FirebirdHunter

Shivio