↳ My Eternal Protection

The faint ticking of a clock stirred in the background, silence overtaking his other senses. Kuroo quietly took in everything around him as he opened his eyes.

The familiar walls, pictures and when his eyes finally adjusted, colours. Tetsurou didn't even realise that someone was stroking his hair softly until it stopped with a faint gasp.

"Tetsurou-!" He winced at the sudden noise, but smiled at his best friend's loud voice.

"H...H—," Bokuto immediately took note of his raspy voice and frowned, resting a soft hand back on his burning forehead.

"Hush.. have some water before you speak.." Koutarou slowly, reluctantly moved the raven's head off his lap and on to a pillow, rubbing his good arm before hurrying off to the kitchen.

Everything felt dizzy... things were slanting left and right every so often as he propped himself up, remembering what happened to his arm as soon as the pain shot through.

"Ah-!" Kuroo hissed, pulling his hand away from the mattress straight after. He looked down at his injured arm and noted the well-wrapped bandages. He hovered his fingers gently across them, from just before his wrist up to his elbow

A soft smile ghosted past his lips, sighing gently.

"There's no way Kou did these..." his smile grew wider as he remembered the former fukurodani captain's struggle with first aid when they were still in high school.

He reached up to his head with his good arm to rub it, slightly shocked when he found that his hair was slightly damp, and he wasn't even in its usual form, and he wasn't in his own clothes. Someone must've washed him..

Then that happiness faded as he remembered how he received the cut. Kenma... how could he do this...

As the whole argument resurfaced in his head, a cold, salty tear ran down his face. It was over... wasn't it?

"Tetsu, I'm back," Bokuto's slightly uplifting energy dropped as he saw the poor man crying again.
"Tetsurou.."

He quietly put the glass of water on the side table and got back on to the bed. Carefully, Koutarou held his best friend's good wrist and the shoulder of his bad arm.

"Tetsurou, look at me.." a weak sob escaped from said man's lips, shaking his head.

"I-..I don't.." his voice cracked as he cried. "I don't want you to see me like..- like this.."

He hiccuped gently, letting his head fall onto Bo's shoulder as he sobbed quietly. His arms made his way out of the older's clutches and around him, making sure they stayed close.

Hajime and Tooru glanced at each other from outside the door, before walking inside.

"Am I right I'm guessing this has something to do with Kenma?" Kuroo's head bobbed, nodding. With his suspicions confirmed, Bokuto sighed as he held his best friend close, stroking his hair again to calm him.

The first Oikawa kneeled next to him and whispered calming words as his heavy breathing and cries ceased, the comfort of his friend's words and actions soothing his pain a little.

Bokuto looked down at him, feeling so many different emotions.

Anger, at Kenma for amounts he couldn't list with a million words. And at himself, for not realising what had been happening in front of him all along.

Frustration, that Kuroo didn't come to him or anyone else for help sooner, he knew that he was smart, but.. the wool had even pulled over his eyes.

Sadness, that the person he knew best in the entire world had been reduced to such horrifying agony.

Pain, because he knew Kenma didn't care as much as he should when his boyfriend was broken like this.