three

"lemon boy & me started to get along together
i helped him plant his seeds & we'd mow the lawn in bad weather"

...

hyunjin was woken up by the sound of his phone going off at around 11am. he rolled over, still half asleep. it was jisung. he answered.

"yo, wanna hang out again? at the park?" jisung said happily through the phone.

"i haven't even woken up yet," hyunjin grumbles but agrees anyway. jisung cheered enthusiastically & the two agreed on meeting at 2:30pm. they hung up & hyunjin stretched, sitting up.

he ended up dressing in jeans & hoodie from a concert he went to like 4 years ago. he brushed his teeth & watched tv until it hit 2:00pm. he started to walk down to the street corner him & jisung always meet at. they meet up there because it was across the street from the convenience store & it was close to both of their houses.

once he got there, he saw jisung already there waiting for him. they greeted each other & started walking to the park from yesterday together. they spoke about random things on the way, like the show hyunjin was watching earlier & a tweet jisung saw that he thought was hilarious.

the two boys arrived at the park, the older speaking up. "wanna sit at the swings again?" jisung replies enthusiastically, "sure!" & at that, they started to make their way towards the playground, but jisung paused for a second.

"sung? what are you looking at?" hyunjin questioned.

"the baseball cage...! it's the same people from yesterday, i think."

hyunjin looked at jisung in confusion, why does he care about who's there? "you wanna talk to them or something?"

"yeah, & you can talk to mean store guy again!" jisung beamed, not thinking much of the name. hyunjin laughed & they walked over to the baseball cage.

hyunjin recognized seungmin & the guy who brought him over yesterday, & jisung still had no idea who everybody was.

"it's you again? do you need seungmin again?" the boy from yesterday asked hyunjin.

"we were actually just coming over to watch you guys play," hyunjin replied, casually putting his arm around jisung.

"who is he? who are you even?" the boy questioned, looking at jisung & then back at hyunjin.

"i'm hyunjin! & this is my best friend jisung," he replied, & jisung awkwardly smiled at the boy. "we're... friends of seungmin!" hyunjin said, jisung looking at him in confusion. "who's s-" jisung was cut off by hyunjin lightly shoving his arm, politely telling him to stop talking.

"...okay then.. we're gonna start practicing in a few minutes so you guys can sit at the bleachers & watch if you want," the boy said, walking off with his bat. the three other boys took their places on the field as well.

a few minutes into the game, jisung is staring intently & yells whenever something small happens & hyunjin cheers quietly, laughing at how good jisung is at acting like a cheerleader.

once the practice ends, jisung stands up & cheers for no reason, making hyunjin laugh & pull him back down to sit. the four boys on the team walked over together, sitting to the left of the two best friends that were already seated.

seungmin must have noticed because the moment he sat down, he scoffed.

"h-hey, seungmin, you did great!" hyunjin said with a smile.

said boy just stares at him, then continues talking with one of the pitchers. at least he wasn't as rude as yesterday, hyunjin thought & frowned to himself.