five

"but soon his bittersweet started to rub off on me
you'd think smelling like lemon zest would be pretty neat"

...

seungmin couldn't help but crack a small smile as well, looking away to hide it. the two sat in silence for a moment, the only sound around them being the others talking, until jisung turns to hyunjin.

"hey, hyunjin! you talking with him?" jisung asked the older, looking at him & then at seungmin, who he still didn't know the name of.

"yeah, i was. you were talking with..?" hyunjin looks over at the boy that brought over seungmin yesterday.

"minho," jisung finishes his sentence proudly. hyunjin replies with an 'oh' & turns back to seungmin.

"are you done practicing for today?" hyunjin asks.

"we were gonna take a break & go back to practicing at 4:00. & it's..." he pulls out his phone to check the time, "3:44. why?"

"i was wondering if you wanted to go on the swings with me & jisung..." hyunjin asks carefully, "we were gonna go earlier but we saw you playing & wanted to watch."

"um..." seungmin pauses, looking at the ground. "okay, sure."

hyunjin's face lit up at that, "great! jisung, come, we're gonna go on the swings!"

he excitedly pulls him up to stand. jisung laughs & waves minho goodbye. seungmin stands up & walks down the bleachers with the two best friends, leaves crunching beneath them.

they arrive at the swings, & seungmin takes the seat in between the two friends.

hyunjin starts swinging while jisung & seungmin start off slow. they could tell the eldest was excited.

"oh! jisung, this is seungmin, by the way. seungmin, jisung." hyunjin said while swinging, high up already.

"hi!" jisung says to seungmin, hoping he'd get a response that was equally as enthusiastic. instead he got a small nod from seungmin.

"are you shy?" jisung asks him.

"no."

"then why don't you talk much?"

"because i don't feel like it," seungmin replies.

"oh.. okay. so are you two friends now?" jisung asks, swinging still.

"do you think so, seungmin?" hyunjin looked over to him.

"i guess...? we're not hanging out all the time, though, if that's what you're getting at."

hyunjin silently cheered at that, taking what he could get, "okay, of course."

there was more silence, then seungmin remembered. "ah, i gotta get back to the field," he comes to a stop on the swings, as does hyunjin.

"wait- can i have your number?" hyunjin asks the younger, making seungmin turn back to look at him.

"why...?"

"just to keep in touch, i think you're cool! please?"

"it's 001-xxx-xxxx," he says quickly as hyunjin types it into his contact list. "now, i have to go, so bye."

hyunjin waves at him as he jogs back to the baseball cage. he smiles to himself & puts his phone away, getting back on his swing with jisung.