four

"it's actually pretty easy being nice to a bitter boy like him
so i got myself a citrus friend"

...

hyunjin decided to talk to jisung instead of trying so hard to get seungmin to like him, but he turned to jisung & saw that he was talking with a boy from the baseball team. he sighed & turned back to seungmin.

he stood up & walked over the bleachers to sit next to the boy. seungmin turned to look at him & made a face. "why are you here now?"

"my friend is busy right now! anyway, why do you keep pushing me away? i'm only nice to you!"

seungmin stared at him, "i know."

the pitcher seungmin was talking to before stood up & left, leaving the two boys together.

"so..? why do you do it, seungmin?" hyunjin asked, pouting.

"how come you know my name but i don't know yours?" seungmin asks, avoiding the question.

"my name is hwang hyunjin," he replied, smiling now. "your friend called you over yesterday, that's how i know yours."

"& you remembered it...?" seungmin asks, still keeping a straight face. hyunjin nods. "weird."

hyunjin looked down at his shoes, then back up at seungmin, who was doing the same. "um.. how are you?"

seungmin looked away. "i'm fine."

"that's nice! i am too," hyunjin replies enthusiastically.

there was an awkward silence for a moment until seungmin spoke up again. "how are you happy like all the time? are you ever sad?"

"yeah, i get sad sometimes, but i try to be happy because it's just a good thing to do. if you be positive, you'll be less stressed out about things. you can live your life happily!" hyunjin rambles on. "are you ever happy?"

"i guess i am, sometimes," seungmin mumbles. "i don't talk much with my parents, because whenever i do, i get scolded for everything... but that's why i come here, i can play baseball & avoid them."

"ohh i get it.." hyunjin nods. "i'm sorry."

"it's okay, you didn't do anything," the younger said, making hyunjin smile.