Jam Buds

Okay she was not panicking...
Oh who was she kidding ? Of Course she's Panicking!  The school festival was only a few days away and she promised to sing...IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL!

Jirou had no idea how she was convinced to even perform in front of so many people. Playing instruments was one thing but singing ? How was she gonna pull that off without competely making a fool of herself not to mention that this concert had a lot riding on it.
She sighed and headed down to the common room. At least if she was gonna have to come up with a song she needed some fuel.

Reaching the small kitchen she spots Kouda making a snack for himself and his furry friend.  Jirou smiled, the mute teen was actually very kind to her and encouraged her to actually join the band since her voice was beautiful. However that didn't stop her from dreading the upcoming event.

Looking up from his food preparations, kouda smiled and beckoned her over. " are you hungry ? I was just preparing this cake bread with Jam and tea momo had made before"

Jirou sat on the chair beside and nodded as he sliced a piece of cake for her and passed the jar of jam. 

" so what's wrong ? I noticed you weren't looking so happy when you came down here"

" it's the concert, I'm happy everyone wanted me to perform but I- I'm just so scared I'll mess up if I go up there"

Kouda was quiet, he thought over what to do and patted the girl on her back " well why don't you practice singing with me ? We can sing a song about anything if you want "

Jirou was skeptical, was singing a song really gonna help her with her stage fright and writers block ?

" The sun is bright, our shirts are clean
We're sitting up above the sea
Come on and share this jam with me" Kouda sang waiting for the purple haired teen to follow along.

With a sigh she decided to sing along
"Peach or plum or strawberry
Any kind is fine, you see
Come on and share this jam with me"

She stopped for a second, this was actually helping a little she thought to herself and continued to sing to her hearts content.
"I'll do my best to give this jam the sweetness it deser-er-er-erves"

"And I'll keep it fresh
I'm jammin' on these tasty preserves" Kouda added.

They smile at eachother and sang in unison
"Ingredients in harmony
We mix together perfectly
Come on and share this jam with me.."

Jirou laughed,  the song was cute and it actually made her feel mor relaxed. If she can sing a song about jam then she can sing a song about anything.

" all you gotta do if your feeling scared is imagine yourself right here in the common room, eating these delicious jam cakes " Kouda said with a smile.

" yeah...I'll remember that."

* not a ship chapter but we need Kouda content*