What's the use of feeling blue ft. Kiribaku and Mina

The breeze brushed against the trees, it was finally spring and the sakura trees were in bloom making the park look straight out a painting. Mina gripped the bouquet of roses in her hands and stood in front of the towering statue which caused her to swallow the lump in her throat.  Mina ashido was always a ball of energy, there was almost never a moment when she wouldn't smile… until that day.

     After they graduated from U.A, Mina made it her mission to always stay in contact with everyone,  especially her closest friends like kaminari and sero, even Bakugou surprisingly, although he really only hung around when Kirishima was around.  Kirishima…. She remembers vividly how she had planned to see Kiri and the others for lunch and how excited she was to hear how they were doing. Except Kiri never made it.  

 The pain she felt when she watched bakugou clench his chest in agony as they told him what had happened.  The cries in denial, the anger pulsing through his veins she could feel herself drown in them. “ we're sorry to inform you that the hero Red riot was killed in a battle with a group of villains, he was dead before he made to the hospital. “   

A lone tear slid down her cheek as she sat down in front of the statue and read the plate below ‘ in loving memory of kirishima eijirou ‘ ‘ loving husband and son.’ She sobbed quietly as those words replayed in her head.  If only there were other heroes to help he might still be here.

“ The fuck are you doing here black eyes “

 Mina froze in place as the footsteps came closer, she hadn't spoken to bakugou since the funeral… well no one has.  After kirishima’s death he had cut everyone off, it wasn't just Mina who was hurting. To Bakugou, kirishima was his everything ; his lover, his partner and his best friend.  

“ Bakugou! I-I didn't know you'd be here too?! “  she said in surprise.

The blonde gave her a glare and looked at the name  plate behind her “ it's been a while huh. “ bakugou picked up the roses Mina had brought and stared at them with so much pain in his eyes.  

“ what do you keep coming here? It's not gonna bring him back so what's the fucking point “  he scowled activating his quirk and watching as the roses crumpled to ash in his hands.

 A whirlwind of emotions inside of her clouded her senses. Mina was seething in anger as she  shoved bakugou hard enough for him to stumble. tears rose in her eyes as the words began to spill out of her mouth “ What the hell is wrong with you! Kirishima was my friend and he was your husband  if anything I would think you would be more understanding ! “

Bakugou glared her down till she was finally quiet before he began to speak again.

“  Why would you want to be here, what do you ever see here. That doesn't make you feel worse than you do? So tell me what's the use of feeling… blue?”  Bakugou walked behind Mina closed his eyes as he tried to stay calm.  

“ Why would wanna exploit his dreams that had destroyed him? Why keep up his silly views? so tell me what's the use of feeling blue? “

 “ An army has a use they can go and fight a war “

“ A hero has a use they can tell you what it's for  “

“ A quirk,  it's powers rise “

“ the ranking terrifies! “

Bakugou holds Mina's shoulder tightly as he faces her.  

“Where's the hero when they need them Now,  you've got to be a hero now! “

“ yes of course we still love him and we're always thinking of him,  but now there's nothing we can do! So tell me what's the use of feeling,  what's the use of feeling, what's the use of feeling blue?”

Mina watches him confused as he lets go and leans against the statue and clutches his sides.  

“ ohh, how can you stand to be here with it all? “

“  Drowning in all this regret, Wouldn't you rather forget him? “

“ ohh, won’t it be grand to get rid of it all! “

Bakugou smirks angrily as he activates his quirk and begins exploding the wilting flowers that surrounded the grave.

 “ let's make a plan of attack! Start looking forward and stop looking back! “

 He then turns to see kirishima’s photo plastered on the headstone,  his heart clenches as he is reminded of the idiots bright smile… the smile that had broken the wall he had created since the beginning.  

“ yes… of course we still love him and we're always thinking of him… “

He gets on his knees unable to stand anymore as the tears began to cloud his vision.

“ Don't you know I loved him too!..... But tell me….what's the use of feeling… what's the use of feeling… what's the use of feeling “

Bakugou couldn't finish…he realised what he really was trying to do,  he kept trying to push the death of his lover away as if it never happened but the truth was he was grieving harder than anyone else.  So instead of holding it in he unleashed the sea of emotions that began to pour out.

Mina was at a loss for words,  she felt as if anything she came up with was a bad idea.  All she could do was be a friend for him to Depend on, God knows how much they both need it.   

 In the end, the two always made it there job to go to the grave and always replace the roses along with some stories of what was going on in there lives.  Although bakugou won't admit it, he still goes to the grave by himself to tell Kiri how much he loves him.

*Authors note*
So This is my attempt at a song fic for BNHA, I'll try and update weekly though i can't promise anything. 😭😭 Anyways stay tune for more!!!