|Chapter 8|

(I exchanged the previous Authorts Note with Chapter 7, so make sure you haven't accidentally skipped it!)

The evening passed by quite effortlessly. George and Dream ate their pizza, they watched a few more episodes of Hunter x Hunter and around midnight they said their good night's to each other. George was right, the bed was a little too short for Dream. But he didn't want to bother his friend about it. It wasn't too bad, it was only about a few inches too small. But the uncomfortable feeling of someone grabbing his protruding legs was definitely not pleasant.

The night was quiet, both boys sleeping peacefully in their beds. Dream was the first to wake up. After a trip to the bathroom and putting on some comfortable clothes, he strolled to the kitchen. He thought about making breakfast for George and him, but he didn't really know where anything was, so he sat down on the table in the nicely looking kitchen and grappled his phone. He was on Twitter for a while, checking what his friends and fans had tweeted, replying to some of them.

A sudden noise came from the door which led into the kitchen. Dream lifted his head, seeing a sleepy George still in his sleep wear, rubbing his side, making his way straight to the coffee machine. Dream chuckled at his friend. Seems like he's a little grouch in the morning. George turned to him with half closed eyes, waiting for his coffee to finish. "You want one?" His voice sounded crooked, not quite back to life yet. Dream shook his head, standing up to walk over to his friend. "No thanks." He leaned his hip at the kitchen counter, eyeing his sleepy friend. George didn't really care. He was way too tired to notice anyway. Thinking straight wasn't something his brain was able to do right now, so George didn't notice how his next move made Dream's cheeks heat up a little.

With a low groan he leaned at the taller one's shoulder, resting his forehead against him while whining about his still not finished coffee. Dream laughed at his friend, placing a hand on his back and playfully rubbing it as if he was dealing with a little kid who's really impatient. "Aww, poor Gogy." He didn't move his head but Dream could still see a soft smile forming on the corners of George's mouth. "Shut up." He whispered, too distracted from the affectionate touch and warmth to care about anything.

A ping signaled that the coffee was finally done. George quickly grabbed it, happy to hold his glorious morning coffee in his hands. Dream longed after the warmth, the touch. But he was the only one. George didn't even think about it, just enjoying his dirty bean water.

-

They sat at the table, already done with breakfast. "What's the plan for today?" Dream asked, drinking the last of his water. "I don't know. What do you wanna do?" George looked up across the table, seeing Dream laugh a little. "You're from here. You tell me." He rolled his eyes at his friends remark. Then he started to think about what they could do. "Hmm, we could go to Sea Life, if that's something that interests you. It's really beautiful there." He thought back to when he was there in the past, always amazed by the magical sea creatures. Dream started to smiled. "Sounds good to me."

So it was settled. Around 2 pm they made their way to a bus station that would bring them directly to Sea Life. Both weren't really fond of taking the bus. Too many people getting in your personal space, not caring one bit about what's around them. Plus all the pushing was really annoying. At one point an elder man got pushed into George who almost tripped, but instead fell onto Dream's chest who immediately moved one arm around his friend to steady him. The man didn't even apologize, way too busy scolding the two teenage girls who accidentally pushed him. When Dream was sure his friend wasn't falling over, he let go of George. He tried his best not to miss the protective arm around him, keeping him from falling. When this weird feeling from yesterday started to grow in George's stomach again, he felt like he was going to fall over a second time. With desperation he banned the thought from his head, trying to concentrate on the trees and buildings passing by.

The drive took merely thirty minutes. When they got out of the bus and passed the gate with purchased tickets, George noticed how Dream wasn't moving, just staring at the building in front of them. "Damn." Dream breathed out, excitement in his eyes. George smiled and nudged him to bring him back to reality. Dream looked down at him. When he saw that sweet smile on the other one's face he grinned back. Suddenly George launched forward, leaving a baffled Dream behind. He looked back, the distance between them growing bigger with every fast step. "Last one there is a pissbaby!" he screamed and Dream finally moved. He sprinted after George with big steps, laughing loudly. A few people turned to them, some smiling at the fun the two were having, others rolling their eyes, making a note not to go near those childish men. But neither Dream nor George cared.

George was almost at the door, feeling the victory already in his hands. He slowed down a bit as to not slam into the entrance. That was his fatal mistake. He felt sudden arms coming from behind, making their way around his waist. Before his brain could comprehend the situation, he was lifted up into the air, a hearty laugh right next to his ear. Dream had closed in and used George slowing down as an opportunity to shock him. It certainly worked. "Dream!" the smaller one shrieked, mixed with loud laughter.

Dream just kept laughing. Despite George struggling to be put down again, Dream had him strong in his grip. George stopped, accepting defeat. With a proud smile on his lips, Dream stepped through the doors, walking backwards so he was the first one. When he let George down, he shot him a playful angry stare. "You're an idiot."

Dream just shrugged, proud of himself for winning the race. They started to walk along the entrance hall. "What do you want to see first?" The blond thought for a second, responding with excitement "Oh, I want to see the octopuses! Or octopi-? Whatever, octopus!" Both laughed at his struggle of finding the right plural form.

With that it was settled. They made their way down a specific route wich would lead them right to the interesting sea creatures. Well, it was more George tugging Dream after him because he got distracted by literally everything they came across. Wich wouldn't be a problem if Dream would start to move again. Right now they were stuck at the seahorses. "But George, this one is right at the glass! Look!" George did look, first at the little fish swimming towards Dream's finger, then to the boy who's face was lit up with pure happiness. A warm smile settled on his face, the annoyance he felt just a few seconds ago fading away. He bent forward so he was next to Dream, starring at the little seahorse right in front of them. "He seems to like you." George whispered. Dream made a humming sound, seeming to be afraid that he'd scare the little guy away if he talked.

The seahorse was a vibrant yellow with orange little marks down his sides. The blue light gave him a green hue. The small animal suddenly bumped against the glass with his snout right where Dream's finger was placed. It made the man gasp. "George! Did you see this? He kissed my finger!" Dream straightened himself, looking at the finger the seahorse had 'kissed'. The sudden motion caused the creature to swim away, disappearing into the coral reef. George laughed, bending up again as well. "Come on, let's go see the octopus." George stared walking, Dream hurrying after him.

"You know, the seahorse reminded me of you a bit." George huffed in amusement at what his friend said. "I don't recall wanting to kiss your finger." Dream wheezed, quickly trying to clarify. "No, not because of that." They kept walking in a normal pace. "Then why?" The brunette asked, kinda curious where his friend was going with this. "The little guy swam slowly but surely right towards me, without any fear, but with caution, watching my every move." Dream glanced down at George, but quickly looked away again as if not wanting to be noticed. "So you think I am cautious of what you are doing?" George asked amused, a soft shade of red settling on his cheeks when he looked up. Dream didn't look back.

He softly added "Not quite. The way he moved, how he seemed to be able to look right through me. As if he could read me like I were an open book to him. It was captivating."

>He he. :) They on a date and Dream be deffo flirting with Gogy lol.
Soft chapter before they get thrown into their lie. I think it will take about 3 to 4 chapters till the wedding. So, yeah.

Fun fact: The plural form of octopus is octopuses, octopi AND octopodes. Though, octopi is grammatically wrong. The other two at correct (if the internet isn't lying lol) but octopuses is the most used one. :)

I have never been to Sea Life, so don't come at me heh...
-your author T<