Cyclamen - Resignation

————
The Cyclamen. When researched it is called the flower of love and it would express love and sincere tenderness. In this story it is the sign of Resignation and Good-bye
——

Rosé's POV

It's been a few weeks.

I don't know what week but all I know is that it's Monday and I have class. I got ready as usual and headed straight there.

Time flew by quicker than usual. Our talk was main topic occupying my mind. Thankfully, with how much I was thinking about it, the class already ended. I'm surprised I was still above my classes with how much I haven't been paying attention.

I joined Irene and Seulgi again today to occupy my time between classes. They invite me so I don't feel too bad about taking away their alone time with each other. Though, I do feel like a third wheel a times since I don't really engage in any of their conversations unless it's school or they loop me in.

As I spend more time with them, I start to wonder why Irene unnie and Wendy didn't work out. They were one of the "It" couples in high school after me and Jennie. It didn't seem like there was anything wrong with their relationship by the looks of it but one random Thursday, Irene unnie just tells us that they broke up and Wendy was no where to be found.

I asked Lisa about it that day and apparently Wendy didn't tell anyone where she went off to. Her track team didn't know, her clubs didn't know. The only ones who did were the teachers, her coaches, and the principal, but none of them told us where she went. Just that she left and asked not to disclose anything.

Irene unnie didn't seem phased by it when we were at school. She acted like she usually did after that, but colder. Jennie told me about it later on that she slept over at her's all the time because of it though. Drying up her tears and moping about until she started to light up again. I wonder how she got over Wendy.

Seeing Irene unnie now, she was practically scolding Seulgi about something. She stayed irritated for a while and not a minute after that short period of irritation, Irene unnie smiles. Now they're sharing a pastry and laughing.

Irene unnie looked the happiest she could be with Seulgi who looks like the most unlikely person to be with Irene unnie. Their relationship mirrored her last but there was always something different about them that just made more sense than Irene and Wendy. I wonder how she did it.

"Rosé?"

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Is that all you're gonna have? An Iced Americano?" Seulgi pointed to the drink by my hand.

"Hm? Yea. I'm not really hungry."

They looked at each other. "Something you wanna ask us, Rosé? You were staring for a bit."

My eyes widened. "Ah! I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

Irene unnie shook her head and gestured for me to ask the question.

I shook my head and dismissed the gesture. It didn't seem like the time or place. I don't even know how to phrase the question.

I looked at the time and excused myself.

As I headed for class, someone wrapped their arm around my shoulder. It was Jackson, a friend of Lisa's. We got closer in the class we were headed to so he did this any time he saw me walking to class.