Ophrys Fly - Mistake

__________
An Ophrys Fly or a Fly Orchid. Unlike other flowers, this one in particular has no other meaning but that of Error and Mistake
_______

Jennie's POV

"Dammit. Does she know? Did someone tell her? Jisoo unnie? No she wouldn't. Fuck." I mumbled to myself.

I already tried calling after her after but all she did was wave her hand up and continue walking. She didn't even look back at me. I wanted so bad to just run after but I don't know why, I just couldn't. I was frozen in place.

I calmed myself just in case I do anything rash. Rosé said she believes then I'll... believe her. I stepped back into my car and placed my forehead onto the steering wheel with my eyes closed.

Just this once, I hope I'm making the right decision by not doubting your doubt-laced words.

I took out my phone and dialed Jisoo unnie. Even if I'm gonna choose to believe her words, I still need to make sure she's really ok.

"What. I told you to come by, dumbass not call."

"I know. I know. It's not about that though."

I think I heard her scoff. "Hurry up. I'm busy."

"Can you check on Rosé? To see if she got home safe?"

"Huh?? Me?? Aren't you her fucking girlfriend? What the hell did you do, Jennie Kim."

"Unnie. Please. I'll tell you tomorrow. Just- just please check on her."

It was dead silent from her end.

"Fine."

I thanked her and she immediately ended the call. I heard a faint jingling of keys which made me smile a bit.

I know I should be the one going after her right now but I felt it. She wanted to be alone. Even if alone meant company, it wasn't mine she wanted.

That's how it's always been after we became officially. Even though, at the end of it we get locked up in a room and forced to make up.

I started up the engine and drove to our favorite café. I decided to call Nayeon while I walked into the café.

She agreed to meet up and she was here in 10 minutes. I needed someone to talk to and she's the only one who'd understand my dilemma.

Well, that's what I hoped but not anymore after she just flat out told me that she told Jeongyeon right off the bat about our engagement and the whole deal.

"Huh?!?!"

"I guess she just couldn't get over how adorable I am" oh my.

"Ew. I'm still wondering how you kept her with that ego of yours."

"I told you. She just adores me."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

"Well," her voice oozed out adoration, "I don't know, myself. I was exaggerating earlier. I didn't tell her until a few weeks later."