[11] Teachings (Pt1)

Thank you for the submissions on the requests!! They've really helped me gather ideas. I'm still in a writer's block but here's hoping that writing can get me out of the writers block. Also I'm typing some of this out while listening to my exam briefling lmao.

This request is from ExoticCroissant on AO3!

Also, I feel I should clarify (idk if I did already) When I say 'Royal Guard' I most likely mean it as the board of the upper guards, including the captains / generals / generally higher ranking soldiers who decide on royal decisions that a king would usually. Since Kurapika isn't of age to become king, the guard does this for him. So basically, 'Royal Guard' is plural for the highest ranking board of soldiers.

I hope you guys enjoy!

The next morning, after laying for a while, snuggled sleepily in bed, the two decided that it was best to get up and get on with the day before anyone got suspicious having not seen them around before noon

They both got dressed, but decided that it was best that they take the time to properly process yesterday's events.

As they sat on the bed beside eachother, awkwardly trying to become comfy with one another in such a close relationship, they talked about yesterday, and took the time to properly express how they each felt, so the other could understand, or rather, so they could both understand and make sense of it. It took some time, but after a couple hours of chatting, they eventually got the hang of things and became comfortable with the events of yesterday, and both could properly make sense of what happened and to about it without feeling awkward.

Afterwards, they both then took more time to talk about the physically affectionate side of things - obviously they could only do anything romantic when they were completely alone, atleast until they could find out if it was even a good idea to tell the royal guard of. They realised it would take time to properly become less awkward with the physical side.

Kurapika also made sure that he told Leorio of the times in the past where royal connections (marriage connections in particular) were encouraged between him and the other royal family members from other kingdoms that were his age. If royal family members were to marry, usually most families would only permit them to marry someone of the same class, or, in some extremes, only allow them to marry another royal from another kingdom - this also led to a lot of royal families who had no care for their children's feelings to organise for their children to marry another kingdom's royal, without consulting them on their feelings prior. Kurapika's parents mostly encouraged him to interact with such royals at both their own events, and events in other kingdoms that they attended. They never really enforced it much more than that.

This meant that, since Kurapika had no clue of the royal guard's plan for him for marriage as he became king, they may forbid relationships prior to him becoming king, or only allow connections to other royals romantically.