Ch. 10 Electrical Advantages

Quinn's POV- 

We were slowly making our way through the power plant, and eventually we hit the final door. The workers warn us that the cameras aren't working in there and we have to be careful, I shake off my fears, because I just want to save all those Pokémon. 

They wish us luck as the doors slowly begin to open. After we look around for a moment we bolt to the nearest column.

Ash peers around and spots Pikachu, he calls for him as quietly as he can, and see his heart break just slightly in the moment. Clemont points out that they aren't reacting to his voice, and Ash reluctantly stops. Serena and I share a look of disappointment and sympathy.

I try to come up with an idea, but we are interrupted by Team rocket lamely attempting to trash talk us over the loudspeaker. I fold my arms and lean back against the column and mutter, "We may be visible, but we still thought this out more than your lame attempts and underhandedly stealing." The others crack a smile as we hear Jessie throw a tantrum.

James choses to interrupt Jessie's rant in order to brag. "And it's game set and match for the team in the driver's seat." Yeah whatever that means. "We've got a mountain of electric types and that's pretty neat." Meowth continues. At least that made sense. "So get used to the taste of defeat." Jessie says, seemingly recovered from the rant. Me and Ash begin surveying the area and each draw a Pokeball. 

"From this moment forward, the Kalos Power Plant is under our control." James starts again. Not for long, I think while rolling my eyes. "Of course that means one thing, we're controlling Lumiose City as well." He finishes. 

Oh, no what are they planning, I think silently. "And if you try to get in our way, we'll totally turn the city into Panic Ville." Jessie says and I realize just how terrible they are. I hear a snap and Meowth proudly say, "Get a load of this." A screen pulls up them shutting down the power in the city, and it scares me how many people and Pokémon would be put in jeopardy just for the power they crave.

Me and Ash share a nod, and agree to do as Team Rocket says, as much as they want their Pokémon back, innocent people don't deserve to be endangered, plus we have a plan.

Team Rocket talks boastfully about themselves up on the deck, while we whisper quietly. "Hey Ash, what now?" Serena questions, being left out of the loop. Me and him look back at Clemont and Ash says, "Clemont? Ready yet?" Serena just stares on, waiting for the plan to go into motion.

See, the workers had given us a plan, and if we manage to reverse the electrical current, it will stop the Pokémon control waves, and overload the system, abide only temporarily. We just had to wait for the signal of the super conductor's energy current to turn red. I only understood so much of that, but since Clemont knew what it all meant, I didn't decide to worry. Once Clemont sees what's happening we'll reverse the current and override the system.

I see Clemont staring intently at the ring, in anticipation, but I note Jessie peering down at us from above. They probably just remembered were the twerps who constantly kick their butt, we're probably up to something. Which we are. I hide a chuckle at the thought.

I see Jessie have that annoyingly evil glint in her eye, something is about to happen. And sure enough a moment latter, I see large walls come crashing down, with large antenna dishes. Oh no.

I hear a light pitched frequency ringing in my ears, I panic. The Pokémon. They were planning to use them against us. I share a look of sympathy with Serena. Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie would have to watch their Pokémon fight against them, maybe even fight them, themselves. It would break their hearts.

We see all the Pokémon turn around, and begin approaching. How and I ever going to fight them? I think. They mean no real harm, it's just Team Rocket's doing. I can't hurt them, but they will hurt me. This is worse than the Spoink.