Ch. 12 Tierno Time

Quinn's POV -

We were at a nearby Pokémon Center and were talking with Clemont. Bonnie doing everything in power, and checking every box to make sure he was ok. It was sweet, but also hilariously embarrassing for Clemont. 

It only got worse when his new invention had exploded over the phone, I hid my chuckle choosing to make sure he was ok. Bonnie had her arms tightly wrapped around herself in fear of his safety. I pat her shoulder to relax her as I bend down to whisper, "We'll be there soon, don't worry; for now just enjoy the free entertainment." Bonnie began giggling and I knew she would be just fine.

We were walking through the forest, Thank God, we're out of the badlands, I think. Bonnie seemed incredibly determined to reach Clemont soon, and sometimes we had to remind her to stop for food, crazy hyper girl.

Serena reminds me and Ash how much Clemont has been training and though I'm sure I could handle him and put up a good fight, Clemont is smart and studies battles well, I could always work on training. After Ash's self pump up, Serena begins asking about Ash's strategy, without a proper answer, she turns to me.

"Well Quinn, what about you?" She questions. "Hmm, I don't know. I have some ideas, but I haven't ever really seen Clemont fight. Hey, what other Pokémon does Clemont have?" Serena thinks for a moment before saying, "Right, you better think about Clemont's Pokémon and figure out how you're going to battle them."

Ash ponders for a moment before saying, "Yeah... Um, let's see Clemont's Pokémon are Bunnelby and Chespin and Luxray, so..." "He's also got Magneton and Heliolisk." Bonnie piped up.

"Well, I'd imagine, since it's an electric type gym, probably two of the three at least will be an electric type." I mutter mostly to myself, but I'm sure Ash tried to add it to the thoughts swirling in his head. I'm brought out of my thoughts by Ash's pledge to train really hard as well, I plan to do so as well and nod along. 

All of a sudden, a voice breaks out saying, "In need of some special training Ash?" I don't recognize it but the others seem too. Ash questions who's there, and with a snap Tierno, as I learned via Shauna and Serena previously, stepped out. 

Ash the others run up to meet him, and he slightly fangirls over Serena, which was amazing to watch by the way. He then turns to me and we vaguely introduce, and I mention that Shauna says hi, and he brightens even more in recognition, "Omg, you're the girl that beat her in the Showcase! Quinn, right?" I mutter a yes, and avoid the topic for Serena's sake.

Only then does he notice Clemont is missing, and one story later, he seems surprised to find out Clemont is a gym leader. Though I'm surprised, I admit that he was never the type to brag. I also got a little bit more information on Clembot who I had yet to meet, as well as learning Tierno beat him for his badge.

Ash suggests a battle with Tierno in order to practice and I immediately call dibs to battle afterwards, Tierno seemed excited himself for our battle. Since Ash had first battle, I stood with Serena and began picking out my Pokémon and thought up a couple of strategies but I had yet to see him battle so I let them continue to float around in my head. 

I studied his Pokémon and picked up the best matchups I could have in the battle. My ears perked at the mention of a rhythmic battle style, and Serena was extremely giddy when mentioning Ash's inability to dance.

Tierno mentions a double battle and I remain intrigued as he suddenly releases a Raichu. My eyes widen slightly in surprised, but I brush it off to think up strategies, not many of my Pokémon knew an effective ground type move, gotta plan this right.

Tierno mentions that we would both need training against electric types, and through I know he is right, I still think that Bunnelby will be in our battle, knowing Clemont. Regardless I wanted to see Ash's battle, because though I had heard that he had beaten a Raichu before, I was insanely curious as to how.

But before a battle could begin, a small robot appeared from the bushes, grabbing Pikachu. As we all begin to panic, Team Rocket's laughing faces appear before us, and I mutter a sarcastic, "Great". I slightly tune out their longwinded explanation, as I had grown steadily used to their annoyance.

After a cage appears from the robot's back, Ash beats me to the punch and has Sliggoo release a Dragon Breath. Ash catches Pikachu, but the robot is suddenly back up, but ends up grabbing Tierno's Raichu and Wartortle. Ash sends Sliggoo and Pikachu to help while I release Sylveon just incase. 

Pikachu ends up slammed down on the ground, and through a Fairy Wind temporarily knocked back the robot, it still managed to speedily make off with Raichu, Wartortle, and Sliggoo in tow. We ran to chase them, but a strange pink dust was released, blurring our vision as we all began coughing. "Sylveon, Fairy Wind!" I shouted, as the odd smog began to we immediately began searching for the missing Pokémon. 

First we had tried to see if Ash's Fletchinder could spot anything, but it didn't work. So then we decided to spilt up, I happily pushed Serena with Ash, showing a smirk at her blush while me and Bonnie began searching with Tierno.

We had been searching for about thirty minutes when we heard a crash of something falling off a nearby cliff. Suddenly we found the three missing Pokémon we had been searching for along with the remnants of the cage we had last seen them in. 

We ran to them and made sure they were all okay. As we tried to figure out what had happened, we ditched trying to find out exactly what had happened, realizing we had bigger issues, knowing it was chasing after Pikachu.

Me and Tierno were ready to immediately start searching for Ash and Serena, but Bonnie had the idea to communicate using Dedenne. The girl just might be smarter than her brother, I think amused. Soon we knew where to go, and we were on our way. 

Soon as we got closer to the others, we ran into a problem, and I did almost literally, practically tripping when I almost ran into a giant boulder in our path. Sliggoo began fretting and worked to break down the boulder, so me and Tierno shared a look. Soon Wartortle, Raichu, and Slyveon had been helping with breaking the boulder, and soon it shattered before our eyes.

It seems like we had arrived just in time, as Sliggoo tackled the robot attempting to grab Pikachu. Soon enough Jessie had released Pumpkaboo, but when the attack missed, we were separated from Serena and Ash by a ring of fire. 

On the outside Tierno and I kept the flames at bay while protecting Bonnie, and though we were keeping the fire from spreading with Milotic and Wartortle, we couldn't break through the large ring incasing the others. 

Suddenly a large Rainy Dance was summoned and began to put out the fire. As the fire died down, we suddenly began to see Sliggoo evolve before our eyes into Goodra. Tierno attempted to name the Pokemon aloud, but was cut off by a little lightening and his own shock.

Once the fire was gone however, Team Rocket was once again back to their annoying hijinks. I was prepared to help, but clearly Ash's Goodra was strong, very strong as he sent the trio plus Wobbufett 'blasting off again' as they called it.

While I was still slightly in shock, I snapped out of it quick enough to notice and laugh loudly upon seeing Ash's state of being utterly soaked with Goodra's slime. As we all admired Goodra's transformation, Ash finally realized that they had yet to battle. As they ran to get ready, I called out in a hurry, "Don't forget, I called next!" We all chuckled as the double battle began.

Hey guys, I'm so sorry that it took me forever to update, life is kicking my ass lately, but I hope to update again soon. And for those curious, yes I will include a battle between Quinn and Tierno in the next chapter, no Ash and Quinn will not battle... yet. Let them at least meet up with Clemont again first. Anyways if you guys are curious about anything or have ideas feel free to share. Hope I won't take too long for the next one. Stay Safe! 

Oh and Happy Valentine's Day! (Note - I'm staying single and happily in my room til I take off to target the next day for half off chocolate, but if you're actually doing something, Enjoy!)