Ch.13 It's On

Quinn's POV -

I watched alongside Serena and Bonnie was Ash and Tierno had their intense double battle. Tierno's battling style was entertaining to say the least, but I knew I would have to be creative to win against him. Normal tactics wouldn't work, good thing I'm not all that normal, I thought with a chuckle. 

I noticed that Ash was only able to beat him by breaking the rhythm his Pokemon were dancing in, I had similar thoughts but I was not planning to do a double battle like Ash.

Once Tierno had healed up his two Pokémon, I waited as he trotted over. "So, you mind if we do a three Pokémon each instead of a double battle?" I question with a raised eyebrow. He smirks and agrees. 

No One's POV -

"Do you think Quinn will win?" Bonnie questions Serena. She thinks for a moment before replying, "I don't know, she's strong for sure, but so is Tierno and we have only ever seen her battle once before, it's hard to say." The girl nods along, as does Ash as they turn their heads to the battlefield.

"Ready?" Quinn asks with an almost devilish smirk. "Come on out Hitmontop!" Tierno shouts as the Pokemon emerges with a cry. Quinn simply raises an eyebrow, as a smug smile appears on her face, "It's On!" She cries as Sylveon leaps from her side and onto the field.

"Oh, a Sylveon! That's awesome, but now we got to get into the groove!" Tierno says as he begins moving in a rhythm with his Pokémon. Quinn simply widens her grin from amusement as he shouts, "Triple Kick!"

As Hitmontop begins spinning in a rhythm to kick, Quinn shouts, "Misty Terrain and follow the rhythm!" Sylveon picks up their rhythm to dodge as Hitmontop gets lost in the glittery mist. Tierno looked on confused as to how Quinn's Pokémon had managed to so easily pick up on their rhythmic style of battling. As if reading his mind, Quinn cuts through his thoughts shouting, "Forget I do dancing in my showcases, didn't you?"

Tierno mentally curses himself, but carries on in trying to win the battle, as the mist begins to clear, with Sylveon in view once again. "Hitmontop, use Close Combat!" As the Pokémon jumps forward, Quinn counters, "Dodge following the rhythm then use, Stored Power!" 

Off to the side, Serena voices her confusion, "What's Stored Power?" Ash responses, watching the match almost in a daze, "A physic type move, a very powerful physic type move." Her and Bonnie both share as surprised look before turning back to the match.

Sylveon dodges to punches of close combat, before abruptly stopping as a powerful blast pierces through the air, knocking Hitmontop back and into the ground. Though he isn't out quite yet, he had obviously taken some serious damage. 

Tierno keeps the rhythm with Hitmontop trying to help regain focus, before yelling, "Triple Kick!" Quinn immediately counters, " Follow the rhythm," Tapping out the beat with her left foot to help. She looks blank for a second in thought before shouting, "Moonblast!"

Hitmontop lands a few of his kicks though Sylveon manages to dodge most of the damage. However he remains too close as a result, so her Moonblast that rang through the battlefield blasts him to the ground and he lays in front of Tierno with swirls in his eyes.

Tierno recalls Hitmontop in slight surprise, still congratulating his Pokémon for his efforts. "You're good!" He calls over to Quinn, before continuing, "But let's see you handle this!" he cries as Ludicolo suddenly appears following in a quicker rhythm with Tierno then before. Quinn quickly calls Sylveon back to her side, and retorts, "Pretty, sure it's the other way around!" 

Just like that Masquerain is seen in front of her, but she doesn't stay still for long, "Maintain the beat, then start it out with Posion!" Quinn exclaims. Masquerain hops onto the beat as best she can, tempo quicker than what she is used, but manages to land most of the attack. Ludicolo is seen slightly disoriented and frazzled as he tried to keep up with Tierno's pace.

Noticing his Pokémon's stress he slowly down the tempo slightly before calling, "Hail!" noting the effectiveness of the move. Quinn's eyes widen before growing confident and turning to her Pokémon, "Use Air Slash while spinning to deflect, just like we practiced!" 

The Pokémon obeys, and destroys the hail to bits, leaving little flakes that trickly gently to the ground, glittering like snow. Ash and Bonnie watch in awe, as Serena squeals, "She must have used it for her Showcases or Contests before just look! It's gorgeous!"

Before anyone can become too entranced by the spectacle, Quinn shouts, "Use Signal Beam to finish this!" "Fight back with Ice Beam!" The two moves collided with one another leaving a resounding blast. When the dust settled Ludicolo was out cold, Masquerain, though still awake was not far behind and was happy to rest back inside her Pokeball. 

Just before Tierno can call back his Pokémon, Quinn screams in a panic to wait, quickly swinging her backpack from her shoulder, were it had been sitting prior, straight to the ground. She crouches down and begins digging through quickly, much to it before producing a Pecha Berry from it and tossing it towards Tierno. 

"Sorry, but we're not exactly close to a Pokemon Center and I didn't want Ludicolo in trouble from the Poison attack." All the others nod in understanding and Ludicolo quickly eats the berry before returning to his Pokeball.

"Ready for the final?" Quinn asks in euphoria, living for the thrill of a battle. "Only if you're ready to keep up!" Tierno responds. And just like that it's on, as simultaneously the Pokeballs flew into the air, releasing Blaziken and Raichu, respectively.

"Raichu let's kick it off with Focus Blast!" "Blaziken, use Quick Attack to dodge!" Blaziken moves quickly to avoid damage. Ash speaks up at the move, "She didn't really need to use Quick Attack she must be trying to build up speed." 

"Now hit him quickly with Bulldoze!" Though Tierno had him attempt to dodge the the large attack, Raichu was still hit badly and it showed. "You got it, Raichu, use Thunder!"

Raichu, despite the damage sustained, produced a Thunder, that though not incredibly effective on Blaziken, certainly left a mark. "Shake it off, Blaze and use Sand Attack!" That attack disorientated Tierno's Pokémon horribly, knocking Raichu on his feet and limiting his vision.

Before he was given much of a chance to recover, Quinn chose to end the battle there, "Blaziken, use Bulldoze!" Once the dust cleared and Raichu had swirls in his eyes, Quinn promptly checked over Blaziken and also checked over Tierno's  Raichu, to ensure they were ok.

Quinn's POV -

Once I knew Blaziken was fine, I returned her and was quickly congratulated on my win by everyone, though the mood was slightly brought down, as Tierno had to leave.

"Thanks a lot Tierno, we did some great training because of you." Ash started. "Yeah, thanks to you we'll definitely be ready for Gym Battle with Clemont" I continued.

"Good, I want you two to battle the Lumiose City Gym just like today." Ash responds with a right, while I just nod along. "And next time I see you lets battle again." I chose now as a good time to cut in, "I call first this time!" 

Tierno just laughed replying, "You got it, say hi to Clemont for me will you?" He asks directing it towards Bonnie. She nods and asks for him to take care of himself. As we being to part, Serena calls for him to say hi to both Shauna and Trevor, while I just laugh. 

That night as we finally come into view of the outskirts of the city I feel myself taking the first  step towards my next badge. My Lumiose City Badge.

-------------------------------------------

Can I just say how happy I am to update. As well as a formal apology to all my readers because I love this story and anyone I can share it with so I definitely did not want to let this story rot inside my mind. 

So now that school's over as soon as my finals ended I put to work to edit some old chapters and finally crank this one out. I do take summer classes, do club lacrosse, and work a job in the summer, but somehow it is a lighter load than during school. Don't ask me how, I do not know at this point. 

Anyways I am happy to be back and I hope to start up some form of a schedule for you guys and fall into a routine if at least for the summer. Hope you guys are enjoying yourself, and I'm not sure when the next chapter will be out but stay tuned.