Ch. 11 Aria's Appearance

Quinn's POV -

We had some mishaps as we traveled without Clemont, me and Serena handled cooking, it wasn't terrible but it was clear we were better with desserts. We had run into Team Rocket a few times, one with Jessie, seemingly in love with a doctor who helped save Dedenne. She seemed a little heartbroken afterwards. 

Now we sat at a Pokemon center with not much left until we reached Lumiose City, at least we were out of the Badlands. On the Pokevision, I see a video clip of me and Shauna playing when we walk in. I notice that one mentions that Shauna has just won a Princess key not to far from here, as well as mentioning me to be the first performer to qualify for the Master Class.

I notice a few people looking my way and sit down, not wanting to draw all that much attention. My Pokemon and I do it because we love it, I don't need the whole screaming fans thing. "Wow, it's so awesome that Shauna is famous now! Quinn too!" Bonnie proclaims. I blush slightly out of embarrassment. "Yeah, They both are alright." Ash says. I wince knowing Serena probably took that to heart.

Standing close to me I hear her say, "I really gotta practice hard to catch up to Shauna and Quinn." "I could always help." I offer, but it was futile. "No, I have to do this myself." I nod, but am still hurt, I know we are rivals, but she is always my friend first and foremost.

As soon as Serena gets her Pokemon back, they begin training hard. I see and hear bits of her plan and it sounds good, but I wonder if its do able. She might want to use battle for skill level before putting certain moves in the routine. I remember learning that the hard way. 

Nevertheless we cheer her on. Her routine was looking amazing to start, they had learned how to dance in sync and it was wonderful to watch. Until Pancham catch on fire just a little bit during their routine. I winch, I know he would be alright, but also that Serena would take this out on herself. 

Ash, Bonnie, and I run up to make sure everyone is ok, but before we can do anything the two Pokemon start fighting. Serena tries to break up the fighting, being careful not to blame anyone, thank goodness for her heart. The two turned away from eat other, clearly still upset.

A little while later, Pancham was able to go through the Flamethrower ring made by Fennekin safely. Ash and Bonnie had sparkles in their eyes, and I breathe a sigh of relief. However, I apparently thought to soon because, just then Pancham, had stumbled on the landing, even managing to knock into Fennekin.

Fennekin was obviously upset, especially since her fur was dirty. From what I had heard from Serena it was like trying to wake me up early, not pretty, not happy, and never a good idea if you don't want to be burned. They once again begin arguing, and despite Serena's efforts they would not stop. 

Me, Ash, and Bonnie stepped in, urging them to stop before one of them if not both got Serena hurt in the crossfire. However we couldn't stop them in time, and both Pokemon appeared in shock for a moment , staring at Serena, who as I predicted was caught in the crossfire.

All of a sudden Serena's yelling had pierced through my thoughts, I registered then that I had never really heard her yell, and little I had heard had never been in anger. I saw her Pokemon, looking like sorry children, who had finally angered their patient mother. In all honesty it was basically what happened anyways. 

Ash stepped up to intervene, sharing a glance with me as I nodded. We both know that if Serena took out her frustrations on them, it would cause more problems. Along with the fact that anything I said could be considered pity since I was far ahead in Showcase terms.

We had long ago agreed that I would always be there for Serena should she want it, but I didn't want her to feel pitied or downgraded by me helping. I know I would not take to it well so I always wanted the same for her. I also had been very excited for any chance for Serena to grow closer to Ash. So he stepped up to intervene, and a piece of my hoped it would just happen already so I can start fangirling over it, but these things take time.