Higanbana

Ruby: Come on, guys! If we pick up the pace, we can hit the next town before sunset!

Ruby yelled enthusiastically as she walked ahead with the map in hand.

Jaune: Assuming it's still there.

Ruby: Of course it'll be there. This one's supposed to be pretty big! Hee-gan...bayn-a.

Ren: Higanbana. It's a well protected village with a popular inn.

Nora: Which means, no camping in the rain!

You: And some actual food, I swear I'm never trusting Nora's cooking ever again.

Nora: Oh come on it wasn't... that bad.

You: Says you! You can't just throw random mushrooms and plants into a pot and call it a stew, you could've killed me.

Nora: But it didn't so it's all good.

Ruby: See? Everything's going to be fine!

Jaune: You know, we've had a lot of ups and downs. But things could be a lot worse. I really thought we'd see more Grimm.

Ren: As did I.

Nora: I guess our luck is finally turning around!

You: Am I a joke to you all?

Ignoring your outburst, Nora continues on a head and pumps her fist into the air enthusiastically.

Nora: To Higanbana!

Ruby, Jaune and Ren: To Higanbana!

With a defeated sigh you join the others in their enthusiastic cheer.

Timeskip out Chibi Y/n tripping out on mushroom stew.

Higanbana Inn

It had just started to rain as you and the others made it into the local inn, after taking sometime to dry off you went to front desk and rung for the inkeeper. After a few moments an elderly man walked out and examined you all.

You: We'll take two rooms for the night.

Innkeeper: That'll be 1500 lien.

You: Woah that's really cheap for two rooms.

Innkeeper: Yes we've been seeing less and less huntsmen these days, so much so that business hasn't been very good.

You: That's weird, any idea why?

The innkeeper gives you a tired shrug. None of this was making any sense, after months of traveling through anima, the amount of huntsmen activity were staggeringly low, Mistral was the kingdom that huntsman flocked to the most, whether it was for work or trying to make it big.

At this rate it would be best to just ask any of the local huntsmen if they know anything about what's going on. While you thought it over the others were already making their way up the rooms.

Ruby: Hey Y/n we're heading up to the rooms now.

You: You guys go ahead, I'm going to go check out the tavern.

Jaune: Alright we'll see you when you get back.

You nodded and left the building. Conveniently the tavern was right across from the inn, as you walk towards the entrance you blinked in surprise when you spotted the familiar dusty haired man from the window, making his way to the second floor of the building. Entering the bar you were immediately greeted by an attractive barmaid, giving her a once over you were almost taken in by her skirt length alone, before you shook away the thought.