Reconvene

"Lia!" Aria rushed across the clearing and dropped down onto her knees next to Elora. Joy graced her face at seeing the sleeping child in the general's arms, well and alive. "How does she fare?"

"She sleeps peacefully," Elora spoke. Lia shuffled around in Elora's arm, responding to her voice. Despite the tiredness in her face, the small child held a soft smile as her mother patted her disheveled curls.

"We should go before we have any unwelcome visitors." Elvin mounted his avealis with haste. Grey eyes flashed with worry into the distance. "Nessa, how are your wounds. Are you well enough to ride?"

Nessa nodded her head, flinching at the motion. "It has started to heal."

The proclamation was met with a worried glance from Estel, but she remained silent nevertheless.

"Let us go then." With Elvin's command, they all sprung into action.

Aria extended her arms and asked Elora, "should I carry her?"

"Ahh... yes" —Elora hesitated— "she is a little tender, so be gentle."

Aria's heart warmed. "Of course." With a reassuring smile she took Lia in her hands. She rose and walked to Elvin's flying creature. He clicked his tongue, and the avealis lowered its front legs, allowing Aria to mount it.

Once again, they flew—this time to the Alchadian kingdom.

As they flew back, Aria, now without death hanging on her shoulders, watched the earth beneath pass by

As they flew back, Aria, now without death hanging on her shoulders, watched the earth beneath pass by. She cradled the sleeping child in her arms and leaned back, pressed into Elvin. Not that he minded. If his mind were not clouded with the worry of humans in his territory, he would dare even say he enjoyed it.

From this vantage point, Aria dazzled at the mother tree in all its glory. It really did not look of this earth, but nothing really did. The Alchadian kingdom was so different from what she was used to. Magic and nature were one and the same. An oranged field of trees surrounded the mother tree. It was as if the surrounding foliage had absorbed the bright sunset that kissed their leaves. Rivers ran all throughout, watering the land and navigating large wondrous mountains.

Aria took a deep breath and let the cold night air, rich with a pine smell, ease her mind. "Such a shame," she mused.

"What is?" Elvin asked leisurely from behind. Each arm holding on tight to the reign.

"That this place is so full of danger. It looks too beautiful not to explore."

"It is easy to fear that which one does not know and not as dangerous once you learn the way of the land. If it would please you, I can show you around when time is not such of the essence," Elvin spoke as he looked on. His attention being seized by the woman in his arms. "There are some breathtaking and magical places."

A smile tugged at Aria's lip at the thought and perhaps at something more. "That would be great. Near the castle, from up the balcony, I can see a field of flowers. I have wanted to visit it for quite a while."