Saviour

The party ended at seven in the morning. At least, that was what I was told.

Shortly after bawling like a baby, Grace and Charlotte found me in Lucian's room. After they'd called him a long string of bad names they'd taken me from his room and we'd taken a taxi back to my place.

My best friends slept on either side of me that night, squishing together although my bed was big enough. And they didn't even ask what had happened.

The next morning I awoke to my fathers arrival. He was making pancakes for me when I came downstairs, pulling along a sleepy Charlotte and a grumpy Grace.

'Good morning ladies,' my father greeted, entirely unsurprised at the two extra additions, he was used to seeing Grace and Charlotte spontaneously appear at our kitchen table.

They both muttered a 'morning' as I hugged my dad.

When they had finished eating and had gone upstairs I stayed behind, 'How was your trip?'

My dad frowned, 'Tiring. Clients these days are so hard to please,' he sat down opposite of me with his cup of coffee, 'How was your week?'

The question alone made me feel like I was going I start crying.

My father obviously saw my face change because his frown deepened, 'What's wrong honey?'

Oh nothing dad. I just had the great idea of selling my soul to the devil while you were away.Oh, and I may or may not have sacrificed our cat.

'I've had a tough week,' I managed to squeeze out.

Dad took a sip of his coffee, his brown eyes trained on me.

Though I had received my mother's eyes, I had gotten my father's brown hair. And his quirky personality.

'What happened?' he questioned.

I sighed, 'I've been having some... issues with this boy at school'.

'Do I know him?' Dad's voice turned disapproving.

'No. He's new,' I shrugged.

My father went on full interrogation mode, 'What's his name? Do I know his parents? Why is he bothering you?' and when I didn't respond, 'Where does he live?'

His name is Lucian. His dad is Satan. He wants my soul. And he lives in a great big mansion half an hour's drive away.

I rested my face in my hands, there was no way I was going to sound believable.

'It's nothing I can't deal with,' I decided to say, looking at my father who was about to say something again I quickly added, 'Really dad. If it goes too far you can whoop his ass ok?'

Dad gave me a doubtful look before nodding and sighing, 'I know I'm not the best parent Lizzy,' he held up a hand when I opened my mouth to protest, 'I'm not your mother. I wish I could be both roles for you,' his big warm hands grasped mine, 'But whatever is bothering you. You can tell me ok? I might not always be home. But you call me when something's wrong. Promise me that'.

Looking at my father's desperate eyes I nodded, 'Promise,' I couldn't tell him about Lucian Black.

'And, by the way,' he asked as I started going back upstairs, 'Have you seen Nyla around? I've told the neighbours to stay on the look out but...'

Guilt washed over me, 'Uhm, I don't know. Sorry,' I gave him a sheepish shrug and he nodded sadly. As I turned my face back to the staircase I knew, I definitely couldn't tell him about Lucian Black.