Black Widow

It was official. Lucian had blended into the crowd of Peril High.

As Autumn rolled around and the leaves showed colors of dying, so did my hope, the hope for a normal high school career. 

After the lake party, after he had sung that eerie song about some girl being burned on the pyre, Lucian was being hailed like a God. Even Chase, who he'd punched to near death, worshipped him like one of his best brothers. Granted, the idiot didn't remember getting beaten, but he was still stupid. 

This was what I thought to myself as I watched Lucian at the lunch table with the rest of the popular bunch, cheerleaders around him, jocks opposite. He had that stupid smirk on, the one that meant he was smug, the one that meant he had won. 

I could only imagine what he was thinking right this moment: stupid humans. 

'What are you looking at?' Grace murmured, leaning next to me, one peeled donut in one hand. I watched one dark eyebrow lift when she realized it was more of a who, 'Ah Harley boy'.

'He has a name you know,' Charlotte cut in, refusing to turn around as we peered over her shoulder at Lucian Black. She popped a freshly peeled orange in her mouth, 'The Harley boy thing is getting old'.

Grace shrugged, sitting back to properly peel the sugary skin off her poor donut, 'That's the only memorable thing about Lucian Black'.

Once she spoke his name I knew she had done it. Lucian's cold blue eyes flickered up and caught mine. Like always, I froze like a doe caught in headlights and he smirked... slowly. 

The torturous bastard. 

'And he's good looking,' Charlotte added, flipping one set of blond curls over her right shoulder, 'You forgot the most important part all girls of Peril High are into nowadays'.

Grace huffed, 'Maybe I'm a lesbian'.

'What do you think Lizzy?' Charlotte questioned suddenly.

'About what?' I said, peeling my eyes away from the dangerous predator to look at my blond friend. 

Charlotte gave a smile, 'About Lucian's looks of course'.

I cleared my throat nervously and under Grace's frown I shrugged uncommitedly, 'Average'.

I swear I could feel his glare on my cheek cut deeper. 

'You're both crazy,' Charlotte commented, standing up and taking her tray, 'You're both in total denial'.

☠☜◊✙◊☞☠

'So you think I'm average?' 

I jumped, hitting my head against the door of my locker, my hand immediately went to my heart, clutching the fabric of my shirt as I caught my breath, 'Shit Lucian, please stop scaring me like that'.

Lucian Black leaned against the locker next to mine, this time without the stupid prop of his notebook. I'd questioned him a week ago about what it was. He had said it was a prop to make people think he was a student. When he flipped it open, there were only blank pages. 

'Denied,' he answered automatically and grinned. 

It was his new favorite phrase when he got into hacking computers. I remember him coming home one day with a technology book tucked under his arm that he had obviously stole and made me move from my computer chair. He'd tried multiple times to hack into my laptop, to which I smugly stood beside him, knowing he'd never guess the password of: Fluffyunicorns101.

I should've told him though because after a hundred time of ''Denied'', the demon had gotten angry and my laptop screen had caught fire, literally.