FINALE TWO

•••

"I miss him."

"Yeah, me too." Din brushed a strand of Fwega's hair out of her face and sat down in a chair next to the bunk. Boba Fett's ship was mostly quiet with the others conversing on where to go next with Gideon as they travelled to the base of the New Republic to turn him over.

Fwega quirked her lips up in a small smile. "Your highness."

Din tilted his helmet. "Who told you."

Fwega sat up and looked around the living quarters, satisfied in the lack of people. She pushed her freshly-washed hair behind her ears and placed her hand on the bottom of his helmet. Fwega wore one of Din's black shirts, the neckline too large, exposing her collarbones.

She paused when he caught her wrist.

"Too soon?"

He shook his head. "Haven't washed my hair in a while-"

Fwega giggled and gently lifted the helmet off, exposing his vulnerable gaze. His eyes found her's for a moment before dropping down to the ground.

"Hey." Fwega put a hand on his cheek, taking in a sharp breath as she felt sparks of emotion fly through Din. "Are you... Is this okay?"

He closed his eyes, leaning his face against her palm. He croaked out a small "yes." That was all that Fwega needed.

She studied his face once more, tracing her fingertips across the mustache on his upper lip, his jawline, over his eyelids. She pressed her thumb to his lips, him puckering to kiss it.

He opened his eyes and warm brown earth greeted sunlit ivy.

"You're touch starved, aren't you?"

He shivered as one of her hands wound itself in his hair, stroking the short strands at the base of his neck. Din nodded in answer, feeling the overwhelming emotions move through him. Oh, how he had missed her.

"I don't think I can ever let you out of my sight again, Fwega," he whispered. Her answering grin was teasing.

Fwega watched his eyes fill with tears but she shook her head, pulling his face closer to her's so she could peer into his eyes. "No, don't cry, Din, I won't leave you. We're fully linked now."

His eyes widened. "What?"

She laughed softly, her grin echoing the low light in the corner of the room. "We're fully linked now. There's no turning back."

Fwega pressed her cheek to his after offering a kiss to his stubble, feeling his nose against her neck. She shivered as his breath fell across her collarbone. A new feeling rose in her chest, a heat that settled in her lower stomach. She made a small noise and brought his face in front of her once again.

A smile creeped into his lips. "You're feeling..."

She stopped him with a kiss, both hands on the sides of his neck. A gloved hand found her cheek and he tilted her head so he could kiss her at a better angle.

They broke away, but Din continued to kiss her cheek, her jawline, her collarbone.

"How about getting married on Chandrila? I heard it's nice this time of year." His hot breath on her collarbone made her breath catch, pulling him closer so he was practically on the bunk with her. He landed with a grunt, the chair sliding from under him.

Din smiled down at Fwega, his hands on either side of her head.

"Getting married on Chandrila? I dunno..." Fwega's eyes widened when she realized. "Wait, that's where we're going, isn't it? You want to get married... in a few hours?"