PART SIX

•••

It was the middle of the night when Mando heard the whimpering.

Long after Fwega had gone asleep he had slowly taken off his armor, piece by piece, until all he had left was his black underclothes. He rubbed his face in the darkness, finally calming down after a day of such intensity. He regretted not fixing things with Fwega before they fell asleep, but he hoped everything would be better in the morning.

He had barely gone asleep when the whimpering repeated for the second time.

He got up, bleary-eyed, and fumbled forward in the dark, thanking the two moons as they gave him light to see what was in front of him.

The whimpering continued, and he knew Fwega was having a nightmare.

He approached her bedside and grabbed her shoulders, shaking her gently. His helmet lay beside his own bed, forgotten in the dark. He prayed to his blaster that she couldn't see his face.

She jolted awake, and squinted at Mando. Holding her arms up, a lone tear squeezed out as she closed her eyes. He accepted them reluctantly, but hugged her all the same.

Tingles erupted everywhere as he dug his face into her neck. He almost passed out with the feeling of her soft neck against his skin. The kaleidoscope beneath his eyelids were bursts of color, more intense now that he had them scrunched together like this moment would never end.
Her eyes were still closed when it did come to its inevitable end, but her hands were still on his face. His hands grabbed her own, smaller now that his gloves were absent, but still bigger than her own.

She patted the bed beside her after she freed one from his grasp. The only way she could tell he obeyed her was from how the bed sank as he adjusted himself. He turned over so his face was once again in her neck and she could open her eyes again.

"Have you ever heard of the story of Erunos and Psykka?" Their bodies tangled together under the blankets. Mando had not felt this many sensations ever, and Fwega was trying to block out his emotions.

"Is that an old Galdana story?"

"No, Terran, I think. It goes like this:

"Erunos was a god who fell in love with a mortal. Horrified and insulted because the rest of the mortals thought her a god, Erunos' mother forbade her to ever see him.

"But love always prevails. The mortal, Psykka, wandered into his mansion one night and stayed, curious as to who the owner was. She wouldn't find out until that night, though, when in the cover of darkness he visited her. For his mother had only said Psykka was to not lay her eyes on Erunos, not that they couldn't feel each other.

"So, each night, Erunos visited Psykka, and they laid in bed, together and intwined, as they slowly fell in love.

"But one fateful night, Psykka decided that she needed to see what Erunos looked like, for fear that he was a monster. So she lit up a lantern by her bedside and looked at him, only to see the most beautiful creature she had ever seen! But alas, the moment couldn't last. Erunos felt the heat of the lantern so close to his face and woke up, realizing what Psykka had done. He roared words of regret and anguish at her, as the mansion crumbled around them. He disappeared in a flash.

"Psykka, much to the content of Erunos' mother, was left to wander the galaxy over and over again, searching for Erunos. But she never found him, and withered away with old age, for the life of a mortal is nothing compared to the everlasting life of a god."

The Mandalorian was silent the next few moments after Fwega concluded.

"Is that a metaphor?" He finally spoke.

"It's just a story," Fwega laughed, "but you can take it how you will."

Mando shifted slightly to be more comfortable. His hand found her hair, unravelled from her standard braid, and stroked the waves.

"Can I fight the barbarians?"

She felt him sigh.

"Now I don't think I can ever let you go."

•••

Okay I hope that's not too OOC but I had this in my mind for a while and thought it would be cute, and show them slowly but steadily falling for each other.

And YES I KNOW that's not the real version of Eros and Psyche, but I wanted to show how the versions change over time and memory.

Hope you enjoyed, some fighting action coming up soon😋😂