PART TWO

•••

Fwega gaped up at him for a moment, but hastily stood up as he walked out of the ship.

"Hey, wait! There's no way I'm staying here!"

"Stay."

"I want to see the people and to-"

He paused from his walking. They were now in the bottom of the ship, and Fwega could see the spot where he first discovered her sleeping.

He sighed.

"I need you to look after the child." He turned around, "Please."

"But, Mando-" her voice caught. She felt his blush as she called him by his nickname before she could gather her thoughts again.

"I'm sorry, I-"

The door to the ship hissed open and revealed the lush green outside.

Mando watched the breath leave Fwega's body as she took in the rich colors and tall trees. Although, he was surprised to see her pause.

"I haven't seen this much green since-" she sniffed, "so much life. I
wonder what the trees are feeling."

Mando sighed, knowing he couldn't tell her no any more.

He heard a soft coo from beside him.

He groaned softly, looking down at the child. "Not you, too."

The child whined back, reaching his hands up to Fwega and whining loudly. She giggled and picked him up.

His little hand wrapped around her pink braid, and she took the first steps down the ramp.

"You coming, Mando?"

He chuckled to try to hide the beginning of another blush, and joined her as she began walking. He close the ramp of The Crest and walked beside her, silent but wary of the child's gaze from its spot on Fwega's shoulder. She giggled again and turned her body so it was looking directly at him.

"You like him, don't you! Aww, you're so cute!" She cooed at it, who cooed back softly. She smiled widely and hugged it tighter to her body.

It wasn't long before they arrive at a small shack filled with different people. The child whined at the smell of food, and Fwega looked up at Mando.

"He's hungry."

"Yes, I know."

They found a table, Mando looking warily at a dangerous-looking woman seated behind them.

"Welcome, travelers. Can I interest you in anything?" A server said to the couple.

"Just a cup of bone broth," Fwega said.

"Two." Mando contradicted.

"I'm not hungry," Fwega said, but her stomach betrayed her by softly grumbling. Mando looked at her for a moment, then nodded.

"Two cups of broth."

She looked between them, but nodded her ascent. "Well, you're in luck. I just took down a grinjer so there's plenty."

Fwega smiled at her, fairly impressed.

"That one over there. When did she arrive?" Mando asked, ignoring the server's statement.

"A couple of weeks ago, I'd say."

"What's her business here?"

"Business?" She scoffed, "there isn't much business in Sorgan so I can't say." She chuckled, embarrassed. Fwega smiled again; she was a nice woman.

The Mandalorian threw a hefty amount of money on the table, cutting off the server's next words.

"-as a log runner. Why thank you sir. I'll be right back with that-" she glanced at Mando and Fwega, "-and I'll throw in a flagon of spotchka just for good measure." Fwega thanked her while she awkwardly shuffled away.

Mando turned, but jerked when he realized the not-a-logrunner had disappeared from her table.

"Watch the kid," he choked out to Fwega before running outside.

Fwega looked at the child.

"He's off to do something stupid, isn't he."

The child cooed in agreement.

She sighed, sipping the flagon of spotchka the server had brought her.

"We'd better go out and stop them, shouldn't we."

The child held out his hands and she sighed, picking him up gently. The server watched her go with interest, but smiled, mumbling something about "aww such a cute family. So sweet."

She stepped out onto the soil-covered ground and looked both ways, not knowing which way Mando was. She let the child down and followed it, it knew here he was at least.

Both Mando and the new lady were on the ground, blasters aimed at each other.

They looked over and saw the child sipping tea innocently, Fwega standing behind them with her arms crossed.

"Are you done?"

Mando got up from the ground hastily, and helped the woman up as well.

"I could go another round," she said playfully, eyeing Fwega up and down. Mando tensed and drew his blaster, aiming at her once again.

"Calm down, buddy, you did that last time and look how where that got you." She slung her arm around Fwega's. Mando's blaster didn't lower.

"Alright, come on, Mando. Let's go get some more bone broth," Fwega said sheepishly.

"What's your name?" Cara's voice faded into the distance.

Mando looked at the child.

He picked it up and walked briskly, catching up with the two girls.

What had he gotten himself into this time?

•••

Hope you enjoyed!! Vote and comment!!

What do you want to see next?

Hope you enjoyed!