New Hope - Chapter Nineteen

"Hey Nagito." Hajime called, sitting next to him on the rooftop. Hajime was reminded of the last time they sat by the sunset together, and what he discovered - first about Nagito, and then about himself. It had been a few days after his weird dream with Izuru. He'd had another one since - and had told Nagito about both.

It was nice having someone he could consider a family member with him. He felt more protected, and less concerned with everything. Of course there are still problems that need to be solved, but one of his biggest concerns - eventually being taken over by a foreign entity - has been erased, and that relief was immense for anything else to seem like they have easy solutions.

"Hey Hajime." Nagito said, smiling warmly at him. The weird feeling in his chest grew stronger - at this point it was stronger than it ever had been before, and Hajime still had no idea what it was.

"H - hey..." he repeated awkwardly, laughing. After a few seconds, Nagito joined him in his laughter, and when it naturally came to a stop, Nagito turned his head to look at the sunset.

"Last time we looked up here, I told you I was dying..." Nagito muttered, a small smile on his face. "And that was probably one of the best days of my life."

"... why?"

"Because when I told you and explained, you did all you could to heal me - and you did. It really showed me how much you care, although I only recently realised it... I realised a lot of things actually..."

"What do you mean?" Hajime asked, curious.

"Oh, it doesn't matter." Nagito said, and before Hajime could insist he gets informed, Nagito changed the subject. "So... there's only a couple people left..."

"Yeah..." Hajime muttered. "Peko, Nekomaru, and... Chiaki." He looked down at his hands, a sigh escaping his lips, as the sun began to touch the earth and submerge itself under it.

"Hajime?" Nagito whispered, scooting even closer, to the point where their knees touched. "What's wrong?"

"It's just... Nekomaru and Peko will eventually wake up I'm sure, but Chiaki... she has no body - she's an AI. She may not even exist at all... I don't know how to revive her. I don't know if we will revive her."

Nagito leaned down and rested his head on Hajime's shoulder. The sudden contact made Hajime jump but otherwise he settled down and made no movement to remove Nagito's head from him. After a few seconds, he felt Nagito properly relax - probably expecting Hajime to knock him off his shoulder.

And to be honest Hajime would have... if it were anyone besides Nagito.

"I believe in you, Hajime." Nagito whispered.

And those words meant all the difference.

"Y - You're right." Hajime muttered, absentmindedly playing with Nagito's hair with one hand. "I need to believe in myself - and my abilities more."

"Hajime..." Nagito whispered again, eyes shining,

"I have my shared power, I'm sure I could hack into the program and extract Chiaki's data - find somewhere to store it, and then revive her. I can do it and I will. I promised her."

Hajime's other hand reached and grasped one of Nagito's hands, and Nagito turned his head to face Hajime. While Hajime's smaller height didn't add much to the drama, Nagito still felt riveted.

"We can do this Nagito. Me and you, we can revive Chiaki. And we will."

Hajime's eyes were filled with sparks, as his hand merged with Nagito's, their fingers overlapping one another's.

"Together."

A beat of silence emerged, as Nagito looked into Hajime's eyes, face flushed.

"You're full of so much hope, Hajime..." He muttered, pulling Hajime closer, as the night sky started to turn a shade of dark blue, making Nagito's light blush stand out that much more.

"Nagi-?" Hajime tried to question what Nagito was doing, when Nagito cut him off.

With a kiss.

Hajime gasped, as their lips briefly connected, and his world exploded in colour. How could everything feel so different - and so right - at the same time?

Honestly in that moment, Hajime didn't care.

All that mattered to him was the boy sitting next to him.

Nagito...

THEY KISSED!!!!!!!!! :DDDD

It finally happened bois, they kissed!

Also hi XD

Okay so a few things: one, I've got a Discord! There's a link to my PeachyAnimeLover Discord server on my About page on wattpad - there you can chat to me and some other wattpad readers, recommend story ideas to me, and promote your own books. I hope that interests some of you guys, as it's a nice place to be able to chat without wattpad glitches (on mobile is more annoying but either way).

Next - thank you all once again for your amazing support. There's still over 10 more chapters left to show you all (I think around 15 more, maybe 14...? Can't quite remember).

I think I'm gonna post another chapter later today, as one chapter a day is starting to become difficult - difficult to HOLD BACK that is XD

But yeah, I might post a second chapter later today, and because I'm working tomorrow, I'll also be posting two chapters tomorrow (one before my shift and one after my shift). I'll be posting MY FAVOURITE CHAPTER tomorrow - the chapter that started the entire story!! I'm super excited for what you all will think of it.

Anyway, I'm gonna go now - I've got two other fanfictions to write right now haha - and I'll see you all again soon.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊