New Hope - Chapter Twenty-Three

Nagito followed Izuru Kamekura into the chambers.

"Hey Izuru, you won't take over from Hajime for too long right?" Nagito asked, slightly concerned for Hajime's safety.

"Nagito I already told you this, I'm keeping your boyfriend safe, and when this hacking is done I'll go to sleep and then wake up as Hajime - didn't he already tell you this?" Izuru replied, wincing as the air roughly moved against his sore, unused vocal cords.

"Haha, yeah, sorry..." Nagito replied, slightly taken aback from such cold words coming from someone who looks just like Hajime. "Chiaki is over here."

He directed Izuru over to the main computer in the chamber.

"Chiaki doesn't have a body so-"

"I already know, I am part of Hajime after all." Izuru interrupted. Nagito flinched, and Izuru sighed. "I'm sorry Nagito, I know you mean a lot to Hajime, and I don't mean to be rude... I just am not very good at much social interaction..."

Nagito smiled in return. "I - It's okay Izuru, I know you mean no harm."

And with a smile, Izuru got to work.

---TimeSkip---

"Urgh..." Hajime muttered, stretching, and slowly opening his eyes. He felt a weight on his chest.

Glancing down, he got a faceful of Nagito's puffy hair as he rested on Hajime's chest.

"N - Nagito..." Hajime muttered, smiling, as he began to make braids with Nagito's hair, gently pulling some strands away from his face.

Nagito squirmed and shifted slightly, placing his head closer to Hajime's, but didn't wake up. Hajime tried to stifle a small laugh, as he silently continued to braid.

After a few hours of peace and quiet, Hajime heard a small knock on the door. He stopped braiding but remained where he was, Nagito's head on his chest, and placed one of his hands on Nagito's head.

"Come in." He said, trying to be as quiet as possible. Nagito stirred again but remained asleep. "But be quiet."

The doorknob was quietly turned, and the door silently pushed open.

"Fuyuhiko?" Hajime whispered.

"Hey Hajime." Fuyuhiko replied quietly, sitting on a chair nearby the bed. "I just wanted to check in. You doing okay?"

"Y - Yeah?" Hajime asked, trying to get rid of his rising anxiety by fiddling with Nagito's hair some more. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"No reason - just that you switched with Izuru and stuff... You know..."

"Oh yeah, I forgot that I told you about it..." Hajime muttered.

"Yeah, just before you switched - so I could make sure Nagito didn't go crazy or anything."

"I mean yeah, it was the first time I'd been fully separated from Nagito - the last time Izuru had control it was to help Nagito, who was asleep..." Hajime trailed off, glancing back at Nagito's peaceful face, his own light pink cheeks standing out in comparison with Nagito's pale ones. If it wouldn't wake Nagito up, Hajime would kiss him.

Damn sleep, stopping him from kissing Nagito...

Fuyuhiko smiled. "So how have you and Nagito been lately?"

The dusting of pink turned back to a beaming red, as Hajime stuttered a response. "I - I - we... we've been good!" At his raised voice, Nagito shifted, one of his hands reaching up and clenching Hajime's shirt. Hajime immediately quietened. "We've been really good. What about you and Peko?"

"We've been good too!" Fuyuhiko replied, and Hajime was shocked to see the dusting of pink that he normally sees on his own and Nagito's cheeks appearing on Fuyuhiko's. "Sonia and Gundham have been good also."

"I'm glad to hear that." Hajime replied. "Maybe we could go on a double date or something sometime?"

"Sounds like a plan." Fuyuhiko answered.

After a few beats of silence - Hajime going back to braiding Nagito's hair - Fuyuhiko spoke up again. "So... Izuru tried to help Chiaki."

"I saw..." Hajime said, eyes downcast, tears springing to the corners of his eyes. "We haven't been able to figure out how to transfer her data to the real world... We haven't saved her yet..."

"Hey, Hajime." Fuyuhiko said, waving his hand in front of Hajime to catch his attention. Once he was certain that Hajime was focusing on him, he continued speaking.

"Chiaki will be saved. Izuru was able to extract her data and even her memory - which is an incredible feat alone, Hajime. I have hope that you'll save her. We all believe - in you, in Chiaki and in Izuru - although not everyone knows that Izuru still exists, but that's beside the point."

"I'm not afraid to tell them or anything, it's just a long, boring conversation." Hajime laughed slightly. Even slightly, his chest quickly rising up and down was enough for Nagito to stretch and slowly blink his eyes awake.

"H - Hajime?" He asked, and Hajime gave his hair a ruffle in return, smiling at him. "Ah, it is you. I'm glad to see you're awake."

"Good morning, Nagito." Hajime smiled warmly at him, before letting his expression become determined as he turned back to Fuyuhiko. "And Fuyuhiko, I'll do my best to save her! You can all count on me!"

Hi everyone! New Hope is officially at 2K views!! This is amazing!!!

So I decided that since I'm updating my other books at least twice a day, I might as well start doing that with New Hope as well - so now I think I'm going to upload two chapters a day, just... because XD

It's already completely written, I just have to write the authors notes and publish it, so it's not much extra trouble or anything. There's only 10 or so chapters left though, so this book will be finished sooner than I thought it would be.

AND THERE'S KOMAHINA FLUFF IN THIS CHAPTER!! Yay! Awww Hajime and Nagito are so sweet together <3 - I hope you enjoyed reading it!! I guess I'll see you guys later today.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊