New Hope - Chapter Twenty

Hajime stumbled outside with everyone else.

Peko and Nekomaru had re-joined them a couple days ago, and to celebrate, they were going to all go to do karaoke.

Today marks a week after Nagito kissed him. Hajime still has no idea how he felt about it, and neither did he know how he feels about it now. Does he... like Nagito?

I mean... I liked the kiss, but does that mean I like Nagito? He muttered to himself, his face a bright shade of red. As he passed the others, Nagito bounced up to him.

"H - Hey... Hajime..."

"H - Hi... Nagi... Nagito..."

There was a small lap of awkward silence.

"So, karaoke?"

"Yeah, karaoke! It'll probably be quite fun?"

"Probably?"

"If we don't die that is."

"Nagito, the game is over, no one will die." Hajime scoffed, finally getting into the stride of the conversation.

"Not because they get murdered by someone else - karaoke is a death hazard!"

As they continued their talk, their hands slowly inched closer together. Hajime had no idea when Nagito's gloved metal hand scooped his in its own personal hug, but he voiced no complaints.

As they finally arrived outside the theatre, Kazuichi whistled, and honestly Hajime couldn't blame him.

"Byakuya really went all out this time, huh...?" He muttered. A few days ago, builders had shown up on their weekly ship and said they were building a few things for them to enjoy - such as a pool, a cinema, and a place to sing karaoke. No one has had a chance to enjoy any of these facilities yet, all due to their own reasons - although Fuyuhiko and Peko are going to the movies tomorrow - so today would be the first day any of these entertainment areas are experienced.

Hajime followed alongside Nagito's pace, happy for him to finally have some time to enjoy himself.

"Do you want to grab any food?" He asked Nagito as they walked inside, allowing everyone else to go ahead of them to their karaoke station. They all happily waved at them both as they left, making Hajime feel quite happy - it's nice to see everyone else get along so well with Nagito.

"But Hajime, food's danger- oh! My favourite drink!" Nagito rushed over and grabbed the biggest cardboard cup he could and filled it to the brim with some soda.

"Didn't you just say food was dangerous?" Hajime joked, smiling at Nagito's excitement.

"This is a drink! It's different!" Nagito tried convincing Hajime.

"Well if you don't mind, I'll grab some popcorn." Hajime said, grabbing a small box of popcorn.

"Shouldn't popcorn be sold in the theatre?" Nagito wondered out loud, before shaking his head and focusing back on the danger of food. "Hajime no, what if the popcorn gets stuck in your throat?"

"Well then, I trust that you'll save me." Hajime said, leaning closer to Nagito. Nagito immediately flushed bright red, and Hajime wondered for a minute whether he did in fact have a talent of his own - the talent of making Nagito blush.

Together they walked into the karaoke room, where their friends had saved some seats for them, between Fuyuhiko and Mahiru. Hajime sat next to Fuyuhiko and Nagito sat next to Mahiru.

"So whose ready to sing?!" Nekomaru shouted to everyone else. Everyone cheered in response, except Nagito, who simply joined everyone in raising their hands, a small smile of amusement on his face. Hajime assumed Nagito didn't raise his voice so he wouldn't be singled out.

Well... that didn't exactly work out in his favour.

"Nagito! I saw you raise your hand like everyone else, but you didn't speak! Are you not invested in this amazing adventure? Are you not excited to find out which one of us will sing first?"

Nagito looked away. "Not... not really. I'm just here to have some fun."

"Well if you're here to have fun, maybe you should sing first?"

"Wha - you guys wouldn't want to hear my awful-" catching sight of Hajime's glare - which at this point has practically just been labelled 'Nagito's self-loathing stare' - and Nagito realised hey, he didn't want to die from Hajime's wrath today!

"I... uhh... okay?" He muttered, gently accepting the microphone offered by Nekomaru. As he turned his head towards the song list, he spotted Hajime's face twist into an amused smile. He enjoyed this.

So obviously Nagito wanted to make him suffer - he just wasn't sure how to.

So why not leave it to luck?

Nagito pressed the 'randomise' button for the song list, and the machine whirled and whizzed as it selected a song - a duet - of the song 'Toxic' by Britany Spears.

All of a sudden Nagito realised what his luck had chosen for him, and for once he was all for it.

"Looks like I'll be doing a duet." He said cheerfully, turning back to the crowd and extending an arm. "Come up and join me, Hajime!"

Hi again!! Nagito's using his luck again XD

I've got a big announcement: I'm currently writing a SECOND Komahina story! I published the first chapter today. It will probably not be as quickly updated as this one, but I have got a plan for it, so it should hopefully be updated fairly regularly. It's called 'Let me Love You' and it's a High School Komahina AU, there's no Monokuma or anything, but Hope's Peak and Ultimates and Hajime being a Reserve Course student still exist. I had been wanting to write it for a while but hadn't because I felt pressured to not write anything until one of my other fanfictions ended. Well I decided to heck with it, and I've just started uploading them XD

Also, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Next chapter is my favourite one (should be out tomorrow morning my time (currently about 4pm), and I'm super excited to show you guys it - you can probably tell what it's going to be based on the ending of this chapter XD

So yeah! I'll see you guys again tomorrow!

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊