Chapter 5

Sophie's POV:

"Glimmer" Sophie nodded, keeping her calm composure.

"So," Glimmer said, sitting down on her chair as she motioned for them to sit down on the bed. 'What do you need my help for?' 

"How do you assume that we need your help?" Sophie asked, not sitting down.

"Well, you wouldn't bother coming this long if it wasn't something important, would you?" Glimmer questioned.

"Maybe I just came here to talk to you" she said simply.

"Okay then, talk" Glimmer crossed her legs, leaning back on her chair.

Sophie sat down on the bed, Tam beside her as she looked at her calmly. She had long ago learned that it was not good to rush what you wanted, instead taking your own sweet time to get it.

But unfortunately for her, she didn't have much time, so she needed to rush it as slowly as she can. 

"I want to know what exactly happened to Keefe and how to wake him" She said

Glimmer cocked her head to one side. "And why do you think I would tell you that?" 

"Because I believe you said that you've left the neverseen, joining the black swan instead, but yet you withhold information we seek," Sophie said calmly, leaning in to stare at her as she added, "I hope you know what switching sides really means. And keeping that hood on isn't helping you gain out trust:"

"Are you really gonna trust me if I tell you that?" She asked; and even though Sophie couldn't see her face it seemed as if she had raised her eyebrows

"Perhaps" Sophie replied

Glimmer was quiet for a while before she spoke, "Ok, I will tell you what happened to him"

"And how to wake him up" Tam added, but Glimmer ignored that part

"The shadowflux when mixed with the ethertine caused a chain reaction as such that will transform him, mainly his mind, and until he doesn't accept what is happening to him, he ill feel only pain," Sophie cringed at that but Glimmer continued, "and when he does accept it, it will send him into a deep coma"

"Oh" she breathed. It made sense now

"And how do we bring him out of this?" She asked

"Are you sure you wanna know that part?" Glimmer asked

Sophie nodded, bracing herself for the worst

"It will require a big sacrifice from you" Glimmer said

"Yes, just tell me" she replied

Another long pause from Glimmer and Sophie was starting to lose her patience when she finally started speaking

"You'll have to enter his mind and suck out the shadowflux from him as you inflict positive emotions while I do the same with the ethertine. Then Tam will have to extract the shadowflux from you after all of it is out of Keefe's system. It will be a very painful process, and you'll be unconscious for sometime after it, but it will awaken Keefe from his coma" Glimmer explained.

It took a few moments for the words to sink in, and when they did, that's when she fully understood what Glimmer was saying

"It will trigger her echoes!" Tam said

"Isn't there any other way?" Sophie asked, meeting Glimmer's eyes

"Do you really think that Lady Gisela would keep a way that is 'simple and easy'? I thought that after all this time you would've learned that that isn't her style. Its more like 'life-changing', 'game-shattering', and 'destructive'" she replied