Chapter Four

(Shoutout to Allure_Crimson for all the votes. Sorry for the wait, I've been über busy lately, and stressed out and it's just overwhelming. Also, I'm am so great full for the 359 views!!! And the 7 votes, it means a lot, but I would like some comments!! Even if you have criticism-because this chapter might be a little far fetched, but not too much- and it would help me with motivation and what you guys want!! So please leave a comment. So yeah, this chapter might stink, but enjoy :)

I almost fell over when it finally sunk in. The words flashed before my eyes. (I made the card up btw) The Captive.

Ooooooohhhhh mannnnnn.

Then someone started to knock on the door. "Hey Ash, you alright in there?" Asked Greta.

"I'm fine I'm fine!" I stood up and shoved the card in my pocket before opening the door. "I'm just... having," I tapped on the door frame. "Uhhhh, cramps. I am having cramps."

Greta raised her eyebrows. "Cramps? Really? You were fine a minute ago."

I walked out and went upstairs. "Hey when are you parents getting home again?"

"Dad's getting back at 7, mom said that she would be home around 5-ish." Looking up at the clock I could see it was 4:20PM. "Hey Ash?" Greta asked. I turned around and faced her as she nervously said, "do you ever think about what your life could've been like?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "What do you mean?"

Her face got a little red and she didn't look me in the eye. "What if you didn't screw that flip up? What if you went on with the Olympics and became a professional athlete? What if your mom and siblings didn't die in that crash-"

"I need to be by myself for a moment, I'll be down for dinner." And with that said I ran up the stairs and shut the door. A single tear fell and I wiped it away quickly. My past was a touchy subject and Greta knew that. She just wanted to know....

I shook that thought from my head and thought about tomorrow. What am I going to do? After what seemed like ten seconds, I knew what I was going to do. As the plan was going through my head, I heard Greta greet my Aunt who must of just gotten home from shopping. I got the Tarot card and put it under my pillow before running downstairs.

"Ashlynn! Greta was just telling me about your day," my aunt greeted as soon as I walked in the kitchen. "It sounds like it was very interesting."

I looked over at Greta who was grinning like a idiot. "Yeah," I said hesitating. "it was." I leaned against the doorframe and looked at my aunt. "I wanted to talk to you for a moment Aunt Gretchen."

"Talk away," Aunt Gretchen replied while putting some milk in the fridge.

I rapped my fingers on the counter. "Well I was thinking that tomorrow I would go apartment hunting..." I bit my lip as my aunts face fell.

"Sweetheart you know that your uncle can be full of it sometimes," she said. "He didn't mean it."

I stood a little straighter, "I really think that it would be good for me to start being a adult."

Aunt Gretchen sighed. "Fine. You have a life to live, just don't be naïve about it."

"Thanks!" I called as I ran back upstairs to plan out the next day.

~~~the next day~~~~~

My red, plaid shirt flapped in the March wind and my hair whipped around my face. I shivered in my skinny jeans as I set up the last few props for my quick show. It was 3:30PM, and I was fidgeting like crazy. I left the apartment at noon and fiddled at a coffee shop for a while. Now I was setting up for a quick show on my corner, without the monkey. I was going to bring Mika, but under the fact that I had to be at a certain place at a certain time I left her at home.

After the short but meaningful conversation that Greta and I had I decided to do my performance that I used my gymnastics with. Two trampolines, each eleven feet apart of the side walk, one straitjacket. After a small crowd gathered and a few tricks were preformed, I asked for some assistance. A girl that looked my age stepped forward, and after some instruction, she fastened the straitjacket. Now I was in a pickle, with my arms tied down and the snaps all in place.

"Can I please have a second volunteer who isn't afraid of chains?" A big burly guy stepped forward. "Could you please tightly wrap the chain around me and lock it please?" I asked. He did I told him and then I called out, "bow please step back. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, using only the trampolines to free myself." Confused looks went around the crowd and I stepped on one trampoline. I bounced a title before jumping into the air, and flipped. I felt like I was 14 again, preform in in front of the judges at the Summer Olympics.

~flashback~(some questions about her past will be answered now!)

The silver leotard shimmered in the lights, my hair pulled into a tight bun, and my smile bigger than any other smile in the world. I was really at the Summer Olympics, and at age 14, I was the youngest. I was standing and wAiting for the other girls to get done, when my dad came up behind me. "Go get that gold Ashlynn," he whispered. My mom and brother and sister where on their way, driving from the hotel we stayed at, I had to come early so dad took me and mom was coming later.

I smiled. "I have this routine down Dad. I'm getting that gold." Dad laughed and patted me on the back.

"Ash I am so proud of you," he whispers. "It's really amazing how far you've gotten." Then one of the fancy Olympic people came over to tell me it was my turn.

"And now Miss Ashlynn Roberts, representing Team USA!" The loud speaker called. I smiled at my dad one more time.

"Here I go," I whispered.

"Break a leg kiddo!" My dad called out. And as I walked out to the gym, I couldn't help but feel like something was wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It feels like flying. The flips, the twisting, going from one end to the other. As I continued with the act, I could feel the chains and jacket begin to loosen, and after a few minutes, the chains fell and the crowd cheered. Then the flips continued, and after doing a 360, the jacket also fell off.

Cheers went up as I stammered, "thank you! Thank you! Please have a good afternoon!" And people started to leave, leaving me with a show to clean up, and 44 minutes to get to East Street.

~~~~~

This was the place?

I got out of my car, grabbed my purse and looked at the run down building in front of me. I started to wonder if this was all a joke, and if it was I was going to be really ticked off. Sighing I got out of the parked car and walked to the door with a number '45' on it. Opening the door I saw that there was a lot of stairs.

I hate stairs. Shifting my weight from one foot to the other I pondered on whether or not I should go in with this. I bit my lower lip, a habit that I had when I get stressed out. I started to walk up the stairs. After about five minutes, I got to the top, only to revile a middle aged man standing in front of the door. He must have heard me and turned around, mumbling, "seriously?"

Oh man....