Chapter Fourteen

Sup Cool Peeps. I started school this week *ew* So I got on wattpad today, just looking at some stuff, notifications, updates. THEN I SAW THE VIEWS ON ILLUSIONS.
HOLY CRAP GUYS GIVE YOURSELVES A PAT ON THE BACK AND A CHOCOLATE BAR BECAUSE YOU ARE THE BOMB.COM!!!!! 8.25K READS. I MEAN... SHOOT. ITS THE MOST VIEWS I HAVE ON ANYTHING!!!! So thanks so much, love you all!!! -fangirl9943😘

Jack's POV

I honestly have no idea where we're going. When Ashlynn asked, I thought, "somewhere almost as beautiful as you," sounded romantic, and girls like that stuff. Right? Who am I kidding. I don't know anything about girls, besides the fact that they are not to be messed with when they are moody. (Lol idk what guys think I'm a 15 year old girl, and guys run away from me. Not really they just avoid me XD)

Ashlynn sighs and plays with the ends of her curly hair, humming a unfamiliar tune while doing so. She scrunched her nose before we step out of the elevator (wait was there even a elevator in their apartment? Oh well, there is now) and walk out to my car. I open the door for her, she smirks up at me. "I didn't know you were such a gentleman."

I joke back, "my sister loved watching The Notebook. I picked up a few things."

Ashlynn only rolls her eyes and I walk over to the driver's side, starting up the engine. Where is somewhere worth taking a pretty girl to? The boat docks had too many people, so did restaurants...

Parks. Girls like parks. The Fault In Our Stars says so. 

I begin driving to Free Hill (fictional place) Park, knowing that it would most likely be free of people, since it was secluded and away from any nearby towns or suburbs. Ashlynn plays with the radio, flipping the stations one by one. She hums all the songs, and bops her head around and I can't help but smile as I glance at her. She sees me looking, and turns a deep red color and shrinks into her seat. "You're supposed to be driving," she says, and I look back at the road. "Are we almost there?"

I take a left turn, "almost. You just keep dancing in your seat and we'll be there before you know it."

She slaps my arm and we laugh before she looks out the window, excluding herself from eye contact. 

~~~~~~~~~~
"Where the heck are we?" Is the first thing that pops out of Ashlynn's mouth, but she looks around and a soft smile appears. "It's beautiful out here," is the second thing that she says. She takes in all the trees, the perfect shade of blue in the sky, and the green grass. Seeing a hill that looks like something out of a Disney movie, she runs over and starts running up. I stand with my hands shoved into my pocket, laughing at her antics. "C'mon!" She yells as she reaches the top, and I start walking over.

"Hurry up!" She whines, and I jog up the hill, sitting down as I reach the top. She playfully shoves my arm, then sits next to me, the sleeve of her shirt brushing against mine. Ashlynn looks down at the scenic view, her hair in perfect curls and ruffled by the wind. She starts to rap her fingers on the ground, and I gingerly place a hand over hers and intertwine our fingers. A soft, innocent smile takes up her face, and she leans into my shoulder. "This is nice," she coo's, looking up with green eyes.

"I'm glad you like it," I reply, studying every inch of her face, "it's nice just to get away from everything once in a while. To escape reality," I finish, and Ashlynn's got this stupid, dorky grin across her face.

"How poetic of you," she giggles, and lays down in the grass. She shivers, "it's getting cooler. But soon it'll be warm, which is nice," she rambles, and plucks a blade of grass from the ground. "France sounds exciting."

"Yeah," I reply, scratching the top of my head. "It'll be great."

She looks up at me, "I can't tell if you're bein sarcastic or not," she looks back at her grass, tearing bit by bit off. Then her phone goes off, and she looks at the screen, but doesn't answer.

"Who was it?" I question, and she sighs.

"Greta. I don't want to talk to her right now though," she sits up, pulling her knees close. "I'll call her later this week."

"Maybe you should call her back now," I argue. "What if it's important?"

Scoffing, Ashlynn stands and starts to walk off. "If it's important she'll call me again. Now come hither, I want to go for a walk."

"Hither?" I laugh as I walk over and bop her nose, "you're a weirdo."

Ashlynn sticks out her tongue like a child, "well you're a bigger weirdo," she shoves my shoulder, giggling the best giggle I've ever heard. I wrap my arms around her waist, and then proceed to throw her over my shoulder, and the giggles are replacing with rapid hits on my back and kicking. "Put me down Wilder!"

I continue walking, laughing them entire time. Soon I walk down a worn path through some trees, and Ashlynn finally stops kicking me. I put her down, standing in front of a small pond. "This is where I wanted to take you," I state, and the shortie looks around, clearly in awe.

"It's gorgeous," she breathes, and a drip of water hits the bridge of her nose, causing her to flinch. She looks up at the sky, and a gentle rain starts to fall. "Well this isn't  so bad," she says, but as soon as the words leave her mouth the rain starts to pound on us. I look around for a tree to sit under, until the rain loosens up, but while my focus is diverted Ashlynn jumps into the pond and goes for a swim.

"What are you doing?!" I yell over the heavy rainfall, and she just opens up her arms, and tilts back her head.

"Come on Wilder!" She hollers, "it'll be fun!"

"What about my phone?" I yell, and she points to a nearby tree.

"There's a hole in the tree from an animal. I put my phone there, you can do the same!" She then drops her arms and looks at me, giddiness radiating off her. "Hurry up! It might stop raining!" Placing my phone in the place Ashlynn instructed, I ran out and get splashed as soon as I'm in Ashlynn's reach.

"You're paying for that," I pick her up and throw her back into the water, laughs coming from each of us. She splashes me again, and in return I lift her up and spin her in the lake, rain falling everywhere. She looks into my eyes with bright green gems, then closes the space between us with a warm kiss.

"Thanks for today," she mumbles into my lips, "it was wonderful."

I want to tell her something sweet, but I quickly turn my head away from her direction and sneeze. Ashlynn groans, then pushes away my wet hair out of my eyes. "Does baby have the sneezes?" She pouts her lip, coating each word in a baby voice.

"Don't," I can't help but smile as I carry her out of the lake. "Let's get into dry clothes before you get the sneezes too." Ashlynn leans her head on my shoulder as the rain continues to fall, then moment feeling like something out of a movie, or a John Green book. And it was amazing.