Chapter Two

As I walked down the hallway to the apartment, I couldn't help but think about the events of today. The rose that Jack gave me sat in my pocket,next to the seven of diamonds. I got to the apartment door and fished out my keys from my purse. When I unlocked the door, Mika jumped off my shoulder to go do who knows what and my aunt came to help bring some of my props. "Hey Ash! How was it today?" She asked bright and bubbly like.

"It was good. $67.23." I flashed the sandwich Baggie with the money on it and she took it from me. She and I then went to the kitchen to put it in a jar labeled, "Ashlynn's Savings." All the money that I make is going to two things: my own apartment and a car. I have a ways to go, but it's better than nothing.

"Is Greta home yet?" I asked. Aunt Gretchen told me she was in our bedroom that we shared, and I went up the stairs to go talk to her. Since I moved in with them when I was 14, Greta and I have shared a room. I knocked on the door, then walked in.

"Hey Greta." I walked in to see her sitting on her bed reading a book. She looked up and smiled, then moved so I could sit down next to her. "So how was your date?"

She blushed and smiled like an idiot. "It was great. We went to the park and had lunch, then he took me to the coffee shop and gave me this." She held up her hand and on her wrist was a sparkling silver bracket. It was a simple band, with little hearts etched into the bracelet.

"It's gorgeous." I completed. She beamed at the compliment. I sat down next to her, "you will not believe what happened today."

She raised her eyebrows. "You saw the jaw dropping, gorgeous, total Grade A hottie Dave Franco while you were performing."

"Gosh I wish!" I grabbed the rose and card that I had out in my purse. "I met the cutest guy while leaving, and he gave me these." She squealed and giggled wildly.

"Did you get his number?" She asked. I sighed, and told her that I did not.

"Well we have to fix that!" She said loudly. "Tomorrow I'm going to your magic show, and maybe we can see him again. Then you can get his number, and possibly get a boyfriend."

I laughed and lightly slapped her arm in a playful manner. "Maybe. But if you're going you have to be my lovely assistant."

"Deal." We shook hands and laughed. Then I taught her the secrets to some tricks until dinner. After dinner, Greta and I went to bed a little early do that we could be ready for the next day.