Chapter Seven

(Just a note, life has been crazy busy lately and I have had no free time whatsoever. So sorry! And I have 105 followers. I had a fangirl attack during science class guys. It was amazing. And we have 1.58K reads. Even better. So I love you guys, and thanks for reading!!! Vote and comment!!!)

<Jack's POV>

She's gorgeous.

And smart.

And funny.

And she's gorgeous. Wait, I said that already.

I was helping Merritt move some more furniture into the apartment, to make it more comfortable and such. We had started to clean, and Ashlynn was already 15 minutes late. I was starting to seriously wonder where she was, when the door opened and she walked in. Her curly hair was concealed under a black beanie, with black jeans and a dark purple top that was loose and longer. She was wearing black boots with a small heel, making her only a little taller. I hadn't noticed how short she was until now.

"Hey Ashlynn," I greeted with a smile on my face. She smiled shyly and waved back.

"You guys need me to do anything?" She asked gently. Her fingers started to wrap around stands of hair, and she twirled her hair around her fingers in a cute sort of way.

Merritt coughed, "would you go get me some food please? I'm dying," he then went on to exaggerate how starved he was, when Ashlynn put up her hand.

"I'll get you something Merritt. What do you want?"

He tapped his chin in a playful matter and smirked, "Mexican, gracias."

She rolled her eyes, "De nada. Jack would you like to come?" Her green eyes sparkled, and I noticed she had little dimples when she smiled.

"Y-y-yeah I'll come if you want!" I almost smacked myself. Smooth Jack. Real smooth. She smiled and started to walk out of the apartment with me flowing. We got out and she started to walk to her car, opening the driver door and looking at me.

"Is this okay?" She asked, looking at me.

"Yeah yeah, as long as you don't kill us in a car accident," I tease, thinking that she would laugh back. But she didn't. She sorta furrowed her eyebrows and frowned, but then got in the car without another word.

Realizing I must of said the wrong thing, I slipped in and apologized. "Gee Ashlynn I'm sorry! I didn't mean to get on a touchy topic-"

"It's fine," she started up the car. "I don't want to talk about it right now though." I lean back into the seat and don't say anything. I don't want to offend her in any way, so I twiddle my thumbs until I think of something to say.

"Do you like Mexican food?"

She looks at me and laughs. "I'm sorry, did you just ask if I like Mexican food?"

I can feel the heat crawling into my cheeks. "Uh, yeah?"

She continues to smile and giggles a little. "Sure, Mexicans have a good taste. And speaking of food..." she pulls next to a curb that is across from a small building. The sign says something in Spanish, and Ashlynn hops out of the car and waits for me. "Welcome to Él Taco Loco!" She smiles and waves her hands in a playful manner.

I laugh at her cuteness and walk up to her. "Cute." I start. "very nice."

She smiles at me and walks in. It's a small restaurant, with small tables and a bar counter to sit at. Ashlynn must come here a lot because some little old Mexican lady comes up and hugs her while asking her things in Spanish. Ashlynn answers in Spanish and then they have a short conversation before the lady points at me. Ashlynn laughs and replied, saying my name once.

The little lady then hugs me and then runs off to a small kitchen. "Our order will be ready in ten to fifteen minutes," she informs me.

"Lovely." I smile. "You want to sit and chat while we wait?" I pull a chair out and gesture for her to sit in it. She sits and looks at me.

"So what do you want to know about little old me?" She asks, eyes sparkling.

I run a hand threw my hair and lean back in the chair I'm sitting in. "What's your favorite color?"

She looks down at her shirt, "purple. What's yours?"

"Dark green," I reply, looking into her eyes. "How about your family?"

She seems to stiffen but relaxes a little. "I live with my aunt and uncle, and my cousin Greta, who you met."

"Well what about your parents?"

Her beautiful smile quickly faded and she looked at me with a blank stare. "My mom died and my dads a alcoholic in Michigan. I don't want to talk about this right now," she says,her voice dull and flat.

"Here you go! Have good day!" The little lady says handing Ashlynn a bag of food. Ashlynn smiles and pays her as she walks out the door.

I reach out and touch her gently on the shoulder. "I'm sorry for-"

She shrugs me off and coldly replies, "not now Jack. We can talk about it later."

The car ride back was dead silent.