Chapter 10 Why is it so loud -.-

We all started to follow the path up the mountain where stood a large building with bright red lights. You could even say it was a party in itself. I marched forward towards the temple with confidence. Noticing that I didn't hear footsteps behind me, I turned to find the lower ranks cowering in fear.

"Ugh what's wrong now?" I sighed in frustration, glaring at them.

"Y-you haven't h-heard." one of them said with their teeth still chattering a little.

"They say people who enter never come out to tell the tale." another one chimed in with wide eyes.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and continued walking, I only heard a few footsteps behind me.

At least some of them aren't cowards... I thought.

Once we've reached the door, an unknown force pulled us all in and threw us into random rooms. (Kinda like when Tanjiro and Zenitsu met Inosuke) I quickly landed on my feet while one of the lower ranks was still on the floor struggling to rebound from the fall. I scanned the room to find a way out. Suddenly I sensed something coming my way from behind.

"Ghost breathing fifth form : Death's door" I sent multiple slashes towards the aura.

Just moments later, I see a head rolling onto the floor. The lower rank next to me started shrieking in fear and backed up against the wall. I noticed that the demon had the kanji for lower moon 4.

"HOW DID YOU CUT OFF MY HEAD YOU DAMN DEMON SLAYER !!!" the demon screeched with it's high pitched voice.

"You seem weak. I wonder how you even got into the 12 kitzuki." I said, shooting it a dirty look in disgust.

"CURSE YOU" the demon managed to say before it's mouth disintegrated into dust.

Once the demon fully crumbled, the building started to shake violently. The lower rank quickie grabbed my arm and ran to find an exit. On our way we reunited with the other lower ranks. We all dived to the exit making us roll over before getting crushed by the debris.

"Wait was that the lower moon demon?" one of the boys said, a little surprised.

"Yea I think the demon was with Aki since none of us faced any demons." another lower rank said pointing to the boy that was with me.

"Really wow man great job slaying a lower moon demon !" a boy said patting Aki on the back.

"A-actually she slayed the demon without a fight." Aki said pointing at me with a proud look on his face.

Most of the lower ranks were shocked while I just shrugged my shoulders.

"It was a weak demon for a lower rank." I said nonchalantly.

Most of the demon slayers still had their mouth agape on our way down the hill. We finally reached an inn at the bottom of the mountain's village. We're surprised that all the villagers were waiting at the inn with a feast of food and gifts for us. They started congratulating us for slaying the demon. A few minutes later, I was getting a little uncomfortable since I see everyone at the lobby drunk and they were causing such a ruckus. I headed up to my assigned room and took out of my bag a book that Giyuu gave me. He said it was about something about love and adventure. Well I just hope its good.....

(Small secret : You're Giyuu's favourite hashira to be around.)