Chapter 3 You remind me of someone

"Now my children, it's time to introduce the newest Hashira." Oyakata-sama started.

"You may come out now and please introduce yourself." He continued.

I came out with my expressionless face looking at Oyakata-sama and the other Hashiras.

"My name is Y/N the new Reaper Hashira. I'm 13 years old. That's all you need to know." I said containing my blank expression.

"A little more about Y/N is that she's my adoptive daughter and she became a Hashira within 2 weeks after receiving her nichirin blade." Oyakata-sama informed the other nine Hashiras.

The other Hashiras turned to look at me with their jaw hanging open.

"Oyakata-sama ! Then why haven't we heard of her for 2 years !" a man with fire like hair said standing up.

My father paused.

"She rejected my offer for that role for 2 years and now she has finally decided to take on the role now." Oyakata-sama said with a closed eyed smile.

"Now my beautiful children, that concludes this Hashira meeting." Oyakata-sama said taking his leave.

As I was about to turn to leave to my newly built estate until someone engulfed me into a hug.

"Kyaaaa you're so small and cute !!!!" said a woman with mochi-like hair said still suffocating me with her hug.

"Mitsuri you should probably let go of her before you kill her." a man with a stripped haori said.

I finally felt like I could breath, until I felt a heavy hand on top of my head.

"So you're the new flamboyante Hashira right !" a man with two swords strapped on his back.

"Please quiet down you're all to loud." I said in a deadpanned expression.

I started to walk away from the other Hashiras with my sleeves hanging over my hands. Once I reached my estate, the ghost estate, I decided to head to my room and read. I sat down on my futon and opened my book and started reading. A few hours later, I heard a knock at the door. I groaned as I got up from my futon and walked towards the door.

"Who is it?" I ask curiously.

"It's me Tokito Muichiro" the voice on the other side of the door said.

I pause for a second.

"Why are you here?" I spoke up.

"I forgot," the voice replied.

I sighed and opened the door letting the black to mint haired boy enter my home.

I walked to the kitchen to make jasmine tea and brought out two wooden cups with the boiling hot teapot. I came back to the common space to see Muichiro sitting on one of the mats in front of a short table.

"Would you like some tea Tokito-sama?" I ask, putting the tea down onto the table.

"Hmm that would be nice." he responded.

"What's your name again?" Muichiro asked while I was pouring tea.

"My name is Y/N I forgot what my family name was." I responded by putting the tea pot down.

"I see," Muichiro said, picking up his tea.

We sat there in silence for a while sipping our tea. A few minutes later, he got up and touched his forehead with a shocked expression, as if he remembered something. I tilted my head at a small 36 degree angle with a blank expression but still curious. Suddenly he turned to look at me with a serious face.

"Y/N-san you remind me of someone..."

544 words