Covention Part 2

You burst backstage and give Lilith the recap of everything that just happened. She laughs a little, but then returns to preparing herself. Magic is a lifesaver, and thanks to it, you manage to be ready in time for the presentation as well. You only remember to call off your illusion just as Principal Bump announces you and Lilith as this year's mystery guests.

The two of you use magic to create beautiful animal illusions (A wolf for you and a raven for Lilith of course) that wow the crowd. Lilith uses her amazing speech skills to carry most of the presentation while you're just really there for magical backup. The presentation is over very fast, taking less than 15 minutes to wrap up, but Kiki said that you and Lilith have to stay until 4:30 so you decide to interact with the crowd some.

You and Lilith exit the theater and head in opposite directions, a trail of fans at each of your heels. You sign pictures and body parts for what seems like forever, making idle chatter with a bunch of children while not really paying attention to them at all. You're too busy looking for someone you spotted in the crowd earlier. Edalyn. You didn't tell Lilith because you didn't want her to overreact, but if you can get to her first, then you can bring her to Lilith.

     About five seconds later, that plan gets foiled. You hear Lilith's voice saying 'sister!' and you dismiss your crowd of students so that you can eavesdrop in peace. You follow the sound of Lilith's voice as she proceeds to insult Edalyn, and find them standing near the Baking Coven stand. Pretending to peruse the baked goods for sample, you hear Lilith and Edalyn argue about who is the better teacher. Apparently, Edalyn is mentoring a human named Luz Noceda and believes that she could beat any of Lilith's magic students easily.

Said human then runs right past you to Edalyn, saying that she accidentally challenged Amity Blight to a witch's duel and she thinks she's going to die. You laugh a little, because Amity is Lilith's strongest student. There's no way a human with little to no magical experience will ever be able to beat her. Lilith voices the same thoughts to Edalyn and she pretends to be unfazed, but you can tell that she's worried about the human.

They leave to go "train" and you approach Lilith with an idea. Maybe this could be turned into part two of the presentation of the Emperor's Coven. It could be a demonstration of the kind of witch the coven seeks. Lilith likes your idea and goes to tell Amity that her duel will be public. Feeling like you don't really have anything to do now, you go back to the presentation area to get front row seats for the coming battle. 

 As you're sitting down, you spot a few of the human's friends waiting in anticipation. You suppose they think that she might win, but they also know that Amity is much stronger than Luz. Lilith's voice rings out and you turn your attention to the stage. You don't want to miss this.

"And now, an impromptu demonstration of the kind of witch we seek. Introducing, Amity Blight!" Amity steps forward, guided by Lilith, and smiles. The crowds cheer her name, and she summons a huge abomination to begin the battle. Luz and Edalyn are conferring, so you suspect that something's up and scan the arena for traps. Amity's abomination chases Luz, and she runs for her life. Cowering against a wall, it looks like Luz is about to get pummeled when Amity's abomination takes one step too many. A column of flames bursts from the ground and everyone in the arena, including me, is shocked that a human can do such powerful magic. You guess that that's just what happens when you're the apprentice to the second strongest witch on the boiling isles. Edalyn likes to claim that she's the strongest, but you'd like to see her try to defeat Emperor Belos.

Luz continues to run from the abomination as Amity hurls accusations about fake magic when another magical burst knocks her back, this time a huge gust of wind.

"I saw you that time! You didn't use your hands!" Amity yells, "What are you getting at?"

"Not dying!" Luz yells back at her. Amity's abomination rushes forward again but just before it takes a step, Luz yells at it to stop. Amity, startled, stops and asks Luz why. Before Luz gets a chance to explain, a little demon falls out of the stands and lands right between them. There is a moment of shock and then spikes shoot out from the ground. The little demon is wearing so many shirts that they cushioned the spikes and protected it from harm. But you and Lilith are thinking the same thing. She goes up to the spikes and disintegrates some, turning to her sister with a smile.

"Oh Edalyn, I believe this means YOU LOSE!" Lilith says, staring Edalyn straight in the eye with a wicked (and very hot) smirk on her face. Luz tries to explain herself to Amity, but she turns away. Something catches Edalyn's eye as Amity leaves, and she runs up to her. Putting her hand on the back of Amity's neck, Edalyn peels off a power glyph from the Construction Coven and shows the whole crowd. Amity turns as red as a tomato then as pale as a ghost before running off in shame claiming she didn't know. Luz follows her to comfort her, being the naive sweet girl she seems to be.

Lilith looks like a deer caught in headlights as Edalyn calls her out for cheating. She claims that she only cheated because she knew Edalyn would cheat, and one could argue that she was leveling the playing field, but as Edalyn then points out that is, in fact, still cheating. They have a slightly childish argument about cheating which ends in Lilith losing her temper and shooting fire at Edalyn.

Edalyn laughs, summoning her staff, and immediately gets karma by dropping it. She brushes it off, acting like nothing happened, and shoots fire back at Lilith. Someone in the crowd yells "Witches duel!!!!" and all thoughts of Amity and Luz are forgotten as the real excitement begins.

Edalyn and Lilith are a blur on the field, only distinguishable by the bright blue and bright orange flames each witch fires at the other. Lilith sends a huge blast Edalyn's way, but she blocks it with a large wooden owl tube somewhat resembling her house demon. You think that it will disappear after serving its purpose, but instead it curves and begins to try and eat Lilith. It goes right down the middle of the arena, splitting the two sisters apart from one another. Edalyn continues to make more bird tubes while Lilith skillfully destroys them all. Some rubble flies into the crowd, and although this battle is exciting, Lilith and Edalyn are so in the zone that they only have eyes for each other. That leaves them disregarding the safety of the crowd.

As the Co-Head Coven Leader not currently engaged in battle, you take it upon yourself to remove the crowd for fear of their safety. Casting a bubble around the battle arena, you tell the crowd that it is too dangerous for anyone to stay here and that you will be leading them out. The crowd follows you back to the main part of Covention and you wave goodbye as you close and seal the door. Now that you know everyone is safe, you turn back to the battle just in time to witness the very anti-climatic ending. Edalyn is on the floor at Lilith's feet, for once not being strong enough to defeat her older sister. Lilith levels her staff with Edalyn's face, ready to knock her out and capture her once and for all.

"Lily wait... the curse," Edalyn says weakly, stopping Lilith in her tracks. She looks down at Edalyn, sitting on the floor, and admits her surprise about seeing her today. Edalyn makes up some sappy excuse, knowing her sister will fall for it, but you can tell what's going on. Edalyn is setting up for a distraction, and a distraction she causes. Lilith looks away, just for a second, but it's enough time for Edalyn to summon her staff and shoot fire just past Lilith's head. You want to believe that she thought they were alone, but with Edalyn you never know. The blast, avoiding Lilith, heads straight towards you.

You don't even notice, you're too preoccupied with making sure Lilith is okay. Edalyn runs out the door just as her bolt of fire connects with your head. The last thing you observe before everything fades to black is Lilith yelling after Edalyn in anger and hurt. Then darkness, emptiness, nothingness. Just deep black silence, like you are at the very bottom of an abyss. Then light appears. Little squares of light surround you and grow bigger and bigger until you can tell what they are. Windows. They are windows to your memories starting all the way from you as a young girl, right next to where you are standing, to you as you are now, all the way in the distance. Seeing as you might be in this blackness for a while, you decide to take a little trip down memory lane.