The Rescue (Adult Y/N)

"And in a shocking turn of events, Head Coven Leader Lilith Clawthorne is in the cage too!" Perry Porter announces. You squint upwards and see that he's telling the truth.

     On impulse, you yell "Lilith, honey!" You realize your mistake a split second too late and mutter "Oh shit, that was on live tv." Lilith looks down at you and you see the fear in her eyes, but also the love for both you and her sister. She knows her fate, and knows that this means that the next time we see each other, you might be on opposing sides of a battlefield. But while she may be resigned to that fate, you won't let her leave without a real goodbye.

     "Lupa, come to me!" You call for your staff and hop on, riding it up to the platform where the cage is held. But you're too late. The petrification has already started. To your surprise, Edalyn jumps in front, shielding both her little demon friend and Lilith. After all she's done to Edalyn, you didn't expect Lilith to be protected by her, but it appears that they made up. Lilith yells out to Edalyn, not wanting her to get petrified. You're just about to swoop in and tell Kikimora that something is wrong when a platform rises up. On said platform is Edalyn's human student, Luz. Presumably here to save Edalyn, she walks up to Kikimora with a ball of fire in her hand and tells her to let Edalyn, Lilith, and the little demon go. Kiki, being the apparent coward that she is, relents immediately and opens the cage.

    You fly down and embrace Lilith, glad to see her alive and unpetrified. Knowing that she will probably never be allowed to set foot in the Emperor's Coven again, you tell Lilith that to keep your job, you have to at least try to make sure she, Edalyn, Luz, and the little demon don't escape. Lilith nods, knowing that you will be faking your anger and purposefully missing your attacks. You give Lilith a kiss that only appears to be a hug to the cameras, and whisper your goodbyes and hopes to see her again. They climb onto Edalyn, and Lilith makes a protective bubble around them as they fly away. You hurl your anger and sorrow into attacks that just barely miss the large blue bubble, only stopping once it's out of sight.

     Emperor Belos appears, announcing to the crowds below that it was the Titan's will that Edalyn lives. You personally think that that is a load of bullshit, but of course, you would never say that to the Emperor. Emperor Belos's mask is chipped, you think as a result of his battle with the human. But he has received what he wanted. While Luz and Edalyn may think that the portal is destroyed, rebuilding will be the top priority and only a small setback.

     After the failed ceremony, you go to a mosaic of Belos out in the halls of his castle to pay your respects to both him and the Titan. Mainly the Titan, however, as you are starting to doubt your loyalty to Emperor Belos. He lied to Lilith, was the reason you had to keep your relationship a secret, and now will most likely make you track down Edalyn, Lilith, and Luz. You're well aware that just like it was for Lilith, this will be a test of loyalty for you. Who are you more loyal to, your girlfriend or the Emperor? You think that it is the former, but that may result in you getting kicked out of the coven or even petrified just like he wanted to do to Lilith.

     But in the time you have left in this coven, you will milk it for all that it's worth. You will make sure there are no more petrifications, no more hunting of wild witches. You will do everything in your power to make this coven exactly how Lilith would have wanted it to be. You stare up at the mosaic, making your silent promise, unaware that someone else approaches you.

     "Thanking the Titan, I see." You jump at the sound of Emperor Belos's voice behind me. "Don't be alarmed, Y/N, I am not here to berate you for letting the Owl Lady slip from your grasp once again. Now that I have what I want, she is free to do as she pleases." You hold in a gasp, since Edalyn has been your target for so long. You always thought the objective was to get her to join the coven, but really it was the door all along.

     "So, does that mean I won't have to chase down Edalyn, Luz, or Lilith?" you ask, trying not to sound as hopeful as you feel.

     "Only if they pose a danger to our plan" Emperor Belos responds, "I understand that your... relationship with Lilith went past just coworkers." You nod, really hoping that he doesn't mean he knew we were dating. Emperor Belos then goes on to explain that even when Lilith and Edalyn do pose a threat, you won't be the one sent after them because he doesn't want to 'dampen your relationship with her'. You believe that he means your attachments would leave you unable to get the job done, which you won't deny is probably the truth.

     Emperor Belos leaves you be, and you think about what he said. Why is the portal so important to him? What does he want with the human realm? And what exactly is going to happen on the Day of Unity? You guess you'll just have to wait and see.