Lilith Wrong Song (Adult Y/N)

You walk down the hall of the Emperor's Castle, in a good but slightly worried mood. The portal to the human world is almost completely rebuilt. Suddenly your mirror rings, causing you to jump. You open it, expecting it to be Kikimora calling, and are even more surprised to see Lilith's face there instead. You duck into an empty room and ask Lilith why she's calling after being out of contact for almost a month.

     "Edalyn and Luz are making me suffer for my crimes, which I suppose is understandable, but what they are about to make me do is an indignity!" Lilith practically yells. You inquire as to what it is Lilith is being made to do, and she practically bursts with her answer. "Sing, Y/N. They are making me sing an apology song written by the collective efforts of Luz and Hooty." You laugh, because you can only imagine what that would sound like, and Lilith blushes in anger and embarrassment. You smile a little more, because she is just so cute when she blushes.

    You decide that rather than just imagine it, I'll go see it for yourself. You call for Lupa, hop on, and fly toward the Owl House. As you see it approaching in the distance, you're suddenly lifted off your staff, thrown high into the air, and wrapped like a burrito inside something long and feathery that pulls you toward the house. You sigh, realizing that as payback, Lilith must have not let Hooty know you were coming. He's under strict orders either not to let any trespassers in, or to capture the trespassers and bring them in. You guess you went through door number two.

     Hooty unwraps you and drops you in the living room, and immediately everyone is up and to arms. Edalyn, Luz, Gus, Willow, Amity, and even King have some sort of weapon and are all staring at you with the dirtiest looks possible. It's a little scary, to be honest.

     "Woah, woah, woah. Everyone calm down please. I am not here on any coven business, nor am I here for any sort of revenge. I would just like to see my girlfriend publicly embarrass herself," you say, trying to console them. Many of the dirty looks turn to confusion, and you realize that only half the people in the room knew that you and Lilith were an item. You quickly explain that you are dating Lilith and that it is technically illegal. With all that cleared up, you move to sit down on the couch but Luz and her friends block your way. Luz is still giving you a dirty look, and you don't understand why, but you don't think you'll ask just yet. You decide that it's better for now if you just stand behind the couch to watch. Lilith's voice can be heard from the kitchen as Eda helps her 'get ready'.

     "Edalyn, is this really necessary?" Eda points out that Lilith did curse her and try to capture her, and the animosity in Lilith's voice can be heard all the way from here when she says, "Fine." Lilith steps out of the kitchen, and Edalyn eagerly comes and stands behind the couch next to me. Apparently, Lilith got made over by Edalyn, because her hair is messier and starting to grow back the red-orange color it was in our youth, she is wearing no makeup, and she has on a 'Bad Girl Coven' t-shirt over her dress.

     Lilith walks to the middle of the room and Luz presses a button on some sort of human contraption. Music starts playing, and Lilith starts singing. Well, it's not really singing, more like talking to the beat of the music. It's a shame, because you know from experience that Lilith has a beautiful voice when she wants to sing.

     "I'm Lilith and I was wrong, I'm singing the Lilith wrong song. I shouldn't have cursed my sister, joined the Emperor's Coven, and hurt Luz. There." Hooty is apparently not satisfied, but the look on Lilith's face tells you that she went through more than enough embarrassment today, so you decide to save her from any more. You grab her hand and lead her out the door, telling everyone in the room that you're going to go talk.

     Once outside, you summon Lupa and tell Lilith to hop on. You know that she finds watching the sunset relaxing, so we fly out above the ocean for an unobstructed view.

     "I know you've been going through a lot, and I'm sorry if I made you feel bad just now, but I want you to know that I'm here for you. A month with no contact hasn't been easy for either of us, so how about we just catch up? You can talk about anything and everything, or, if you just want to sit here enjoying the sunset and each other's company, we can do that too," you tell her.

     "Thank you, Y/N," Lilith says, and leans her head on your shoulder, "I know I deserve it after what I've done, but I haven't been treated great while staying at the Owl House. Luz and her friends have such a great bond, it reminds me of how you, Odalia, Edalyn, and I used to be in our school years. And Edalyn and Luz as well are very close. I always feel like the odd one out, like I'm being left behind by everyone, like I'm only an afterthought to their already perfect lives. I know that it may never go back to how it used to be, but I feel like I'm the only one trying to rebond with Edalyn. She doesn't seem to care anymore. And it hurts. I lost everything, I gave up everything for her, and I get repaid by public humiliation and being an afterthought."

    You try to take in this well of emotions and words, and you think a lot about what she said before finally coming up with a response.

     "Lilith. Throughout all of these times, what has been your one constant? During the school years, during your time in the coven, and now during your time at the Owl House, what was always there? Me. I hope that this proves that I won't leave you. I will always be your constant, your rock, your driftwood in a sea of overwhelming emotions. Whatever you need, I will try my hardest. The only thing that could stop me from running if you called would be being at the feet of Emperor Belos himself. A time may come in the near future when we are on opposite sides of the battlefield, but even then I will try my hardest to protect you. I'd protect Edalyn and Luz and Luz's friends if you so desire, because Lilith, my love for you is above all, even above my loyalty to the Emperor. I hope that means something to you."

    You sigh, a little out of breath from all that talking, and lean your head on top of Lilith's. The two of you watch the sun go down in silence, soaking in each other's presence since you don't know the next time you'll see each other again. Once it gets too dark to see, you steer your staff back to the Owl House and drop off Lilith. They barely even noticed she was gone, which must have hurt. When you're sure she's back inside safely, you head back home to prepare for another day in the Emperor's Coven.