Ten | Specific Type of Awkward

[a/n : hi have another update that happens to be 3500 words long.]

Teagsy @sneakteags

Yknow how people have like,,, security blankets?
Mine is LITERALLY Pride and Prejudice. It isn't a joke anymore.

💬 1.9k ❤️34.1k

User @username

Teags honey we know.
Why do you think it's in so much fanart?

💬 64 ❤️450

User @username

Anxious Teags curling up with a book 🥺

💬 2 ❤️108

Kalea Moore @k.kaleidoscope

And yet when I tell you that you literally are Elizabeth Bennet, you don't believe me.

💬 2.8k ❤️29.9k

"WAIT, WHAT?" Mikey asked, his face void of it's usual excitement. It was another painfully slow day, made even longer by Teagan's exhaustion. A 6 am class fading directly into a 7 hour shift was not her favorite thing in the world. She was happy to see that both Mikey and Connor were on the schedule, but Connor had left two hours ago, leaving the other two by themselves until the closing crew came in. Teagan had accidentally muttered something about looking forward to quitting, the words spoken a little louder than she had anticipated.

When she met Mikey's gaze, she was startled to see how sad it was. "I didn't mean like... Not like now," she explained gently.

"But soon?" Mikey inquired. His eyes were round in the fashion of a begging dog, and so bright that she could see her own reflection in them. He made it seem like she was breaking his heart.

Not wanting to make him any more upset, she shrugged. "I don't know." She couldn't think of anything else to say that would make the situation better. She wasn't planning on telling her friends her intent to quit until it got closer for this exact reason. She didn't want to leave them, but her future lied ahead, and she was desperate to grab hold of it.

At some point during the silence that followed, Mikey must have realized he was being childish. He didn't apologize for it, but he swiftly changed the subject to something he thought would be more positive. "Hey, did anything ever happen with that girl's older brother?"

The question didn't startle Teagan the way she thought it would. Her conversation with Ben the day before had calmed her considerably, and she was completely at ease about the entire situation. She still cringed at the memory of their pitiful park date, but she was grateful for his friendship. "He's a really good guy, but we realized that we're way more compatible as friends. Y'know?" she answered with a small smile.

Mikey nodded in understand. "Like me and Connor, kinda."

Teagan's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm sorry, are you implying that you and Connor dated? Because how the hell did I miss that?"