Eighteen | Realizations

[a/n : i cant tell if this story is going well anymore.]

. . .

TEAGAN WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING WITH A SINGLE LYRIC STUCK IN HER HEAD. She scowled at the repetitiveness of it, a constant melody she couldn't place. After two hours of it, she caved and opened her messages.

Messages - Techno

Teagan

I have a very important question

Techno

Hm?

Teagan

The first song you played in the car yesterday.
What was it?

Techno

Uhhh let me check

Teagan

Thank you

A few minutes passed, leaving Teagan in a giddy anticipation. She was enthused to find out the name of the title, but she had to admit that she was almost just as happy to be talking to him. She was afraid that referencing the previous afternoon would be awkward, or that it would be easier to just separate their real lives from their online lives. Her sudden lack of anxiety, partnered with his immediate response to her message, gave her hope that maybe things wouldn't be like that after all.

When her phone buzzed, she nearly flung it across the room in her rush to unlock it.

Techno

Ask about a different song.
Please.
Any other song.

Teagan

That one has been stuck in my head all morning. It's familiar but I cant place it. What is it?

Techno

Any other song please.

Teagan

Why? What's wrong with that one?

Techno

Please

Teagan

Are you embarrassed?

Techno

Extremely.

Teagan

Now I HAVE to know

Techno

..............

Teagan

Techno
Please? It's been bothering me all morning. It's literally all I can think about.

Techno

Hmph

Teagan