Chapter 14

This chapter is dedicated to my mom! Thank you for always believing in me and my books and always being a cheerleader to me and always being here for me. Thank you for listening to me constantly talking about new book ideas and helping me get storylines straight in my head when I can't think straight. Thank you for being you, momma! Happy Birthday<3 xoxox 

Hi guys! I am back with a brand new chapter! Sorry that I wasn't able to update it right after my last chapter! Things got crazy with Christmas and The New Year...which by the way... HAPPY 2021!!! I hope that you all had a beautiful and happy new years and that it has been wonderful for you! I hope that you are all doing amazing and that you are smiling and happy! By the way, the song that I love for this chapter is 'Cold by Aqualung & Lucy Shwartz'. Check it out while reading this chapter! Anyways, let us get on with the next chapter! VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. SHARE. 

***********************************

CHAPTER 14: Sydney awoke from the memories that plagued her daily to find a group of worried faces surrounding her. 

The second thing she noticed was the pounding, searing pain in her head. A man with reddish brown hair, streaked with silver and a kind smile looked down at her. "Welcome back, Sydney." 

She groaned and sat up.

 "Slow." Said the man with the kind smile. 

Everything that happened to her came rushing back. 

She shot up, a lot faster than slow. "Is everyone okay?" 

Alice pushed through then, eyes red and cheeks tear stained. "Everyone is okay." She replied. 

Sydney swallowed, chest deflating with relief, her eyes darted up to where Marcello stood at the end of the couch, his eyes on her like a hawk. 

Her cheeks flushed as she remembered their first kiss. 

She looked to Giovanni. "How did this happen?" She asked softly. 

Giovanni's lips thinned as he looked around the room. "I need everyone to leave, except for Marcello, Antony and Julian." 

Alice looked at her dad, ready to protest, but he shushed her. "Alice, please for your own safety and for Sydney's, I need you to go home. I promise she will be okay, but the less people aware of this situation, the better." 

Alice looked to Sydney and Sydney bit her lip and nodded. 

"Go, I will be fine." She kissed her friend on the cheek. After a moment of hesitation, Alice did as she was asked and left with Ethan close behind her and as per Giovanni's orders, everyone left but Marcello, Antony and Julian. 

Giovanni looked at Natalie, speaking gently as he sat down next to her. "You need to tell them, now. I cannot protect you alone anymore."

 Panic shot through her. "No. They don't! It isn't their business!" She practically shouted. 

The thought of them knowing her secret, that she had once been small enough and quiet enough to almost have been killed, made her embarrassed and then the worry about getting them involved was enough to keep her silent. 

But, as Giovanni's gentle gaze met hers, she knew she couldn't keep it anymore and it was confirmed with Marcello's words. "We need to know and deserve to know since we just got shot at. We at least deserve to know why." He said. 

She scowled at him, but slumped with defeat. She stared down at her hands, fiddling with her thumbs, suddenly being transported to being that scared little girl once again, shrinking in on herself.