Chapter 18

Hi guys! I am sorry I have been gone for such a long time. If you didn't seen on my profile board, things have been really crazy in my life. Like crazier and more insane than you could imagine. Maybe I will write a story or even a short story about it someday when the time is right. I think it would help a lot of people who may have gone through something similar. I have missed you all more than you know. I know it has been such a long time so if you have to go back and skim through to just remember, feel free to do so! I will be uploading a new chapter within the next few days so keep your eyes peeled! We are going to be reaching the climax soon...which what I have planned OMG GUYS YOU WILL JUST FREAK! I am so excited for you to read it. I love you all so much and just know I am here to message if you ever need to talk. I love you dearly. xoxox Your Friend, Hannah. <3

CHAPTER 18: Sydney finally broke free from the dizzying spell that was her memories, only to find Piper staring at her. "Syd? Hello? Girl, are you okay?" 

Sydney blinked, swallowing as she nodded, grabbing the empty wine glasses and hurrying to get up to walk to the kitchen to rinse them. 

"Y-Yes, I'm fine." She stuttered, her body still feeling frazzled by not only remembering how it was when her and Marcello were together, but because she finally knew that the look in Antony's eyes that day was not those of a caring friend, but someone in love. 

Had he really been in love with her this whole time? She had always thought he just had a little crush and would get over it. 

That look, though...she knew it, because she looked at Marcello with the same unrelenting gaze. 

A gaze that she thought she had seen Marcello give her. 

That wasn't true, she berated herself silently. If he had loved her whatsoever, he would not have broken her heart as profoundly and as cruelly as he did. Piper hurried after her. 

"You are not fine. I was calling your name for like 2 minutes straight after I made that stupid comment. Where did you go?" Asked Piper. 

Sydney sighed, turning to face her as she planted her hands on the countertop, biting her lip. 

"Don't look so embarrassed, Syd. I was stupid to say something like that. I am just being silly and that was such an ignorant thing to say, so I apologize." 

Sydney forced a smile that she did not feel, reaching out to grab her friend's hand to give it a reassuring squeeze. "You did nothing. Really, truly, I am fine! Just tired and I zoned out for a second." 

She knew that Piper didn't buy it from the look on her face, but did not add anything else. Instead, the woman looked at her watch before looking back at Sydney. "Okay, well, I will get on this as soon as I get home. I know exactly where I am going to start." Piper walked around the kitchen island and grabbed her purse before walking back over to Sydney to hug her tightly. 

"Thank you so much, Pipes. You have no idea how much I appreciate this." Sydney said fondly. 

Piper pulled back, grabbing ahold of her forearms to grip her and get her attention held as steady as possible. "Try not to worry, Syd. We will get this figured out and we will figure out who is doing this to you and what we need to do to stop them, okay? You won't be stuck in hiding forever and we will make this bastard pay." 

Sydney felt her throat tighten as love and relief and gratefulness all in one for her friend fill her heart to the brim. She hugged Piper again which Piper was glad to reciprocate. "Let me walk you to the door." 

 Piper nodded and called out to Antony and Marcello when she got to the front patio. "Bye, boys! Protect our girl! Don't piss her off because you know how scary she is when she is pissed off!"