Chapter 3

Hi beautiful people! I am back and I've got a new chapter for you. So without any further ado, let us get right into it ;) I this this song is perfect for this chapter. It is called "Call Out My Name" By the Weeknd.  I LOVE YOU! I HOPE YOU ENJOY! -Hannah

***************************

CHAPTER 3: Sydney got dressed into some quick and comfy clothes before hailing a cab, reading off the address to a big loft apartment. 

Once she pulled up outside, she paid for the driver and offered a quick, "Merci!" as she jumped out of the car and rushed up the steps to press on the button to the intercom. 

A tired, accented voice answered and she smiled. "Who is it?"

 "Oh, Phillipe, you really don't know who it is? Have you been cheating on me?" She laughed and was buzzed up. 

"Don't snark at me, who knows where your mouth has been!" He fired back and she laughed as she gave him a hug. 

Phillipe was her only friend here in Paris. He had lived here his entire life and now made a living as a painter, makeup artist and a hairstylist. 

He was very eclectic and it was one of the things she loved about him. He was handsome, with perfectly coiffed brown hair and a light beard covering his jaw, a thin nose and full lips. 

"Ugh, why do you have to be gay?" She asked with a sigh and he laughed as he stepped back from her. 

"I know, I know. I'm beautiful. Now what do you need?" He asked leaning up against the doorframe. 

Sydney looked sheepish for a moment as she said, "Can't I just come stop in to see you every once in a while?" She asked and he raised an incredulous, perfectly waxed brow.

 "Are you here to just 'stop in and see me'?" He asked and she stayed silent. 

"I knew it! Not only am I beautiful, but I am smart and knowing like James Bond, no?" He said and then sighed dreamily. "James Bond. I'd like to make a fruitcake of him. Eat right up! Bon appetite! " 

Sydney let out a giggle, noting vaguely at the back of her mind how good it felt to laugh and not feel scared.

 She sobered at the thought and Phillipe instantly caught on, stepping forward to grab her hand. "What is wrong, my dear Sydney? Did a big brute break your heart?" He asked and she shot him a knowing look.

 Ever since they had become friends, he had been asking about the 'man' in her life that she was in love with. She had insisted that there was no such man, but Phillipe knew better. 

He saw the way her eyes glazed over as she remembered something, or thought of something that pleased her. 

"Don't say it!" He said when she was about to throw a punch with her words.

 "I am not stupid. I know that look can only be from two things. One...A man that is handsome and that you love and two, a handsome man that you love with chocolate and diamonds. So which one is it?" He asked. 

Sydney plopped down into his styling chair. "There is just a lot...going on right now, Phillipe and I..." She trailed off and he cocked his head. 

"You what?" He inquired. 

She finally looked up to meet his gaze. "I just need to be careful." She said truthfully.

 He stared at her for a long moment, wanting to question her, but he also saw the pain and the fear in her eyes and decided to stay silent.