Chapter 17

Here is one more chapter for you guys for tonight and then I am off to bed! Expect another update within the next few days. The song I think goes best with this whole chapter is 'Him & I' by Halsey, although there are certain parts that I think other songs go best with those certain parts. Anywaaaays, I hope with ALL my heart you enjoy this chapter! I REALLY cannot wait for you to see what is going to come next...trust me when I say you WILL NOT want to miss it. Xoxo ;) 

*************************************

CHAPTER 17:  They stood there, staring at one another after the bomb Marcello had just dropped on her. 

She didn't know what to think, what to feel. She could only stare at him, tears filling her eyes. 

Then, before he could see her break down in tears, she turned and ran from the car, groceries in hand. When Sydney got inside, Antony was jotting down something in his journal and his head popped up when the door burst open.

 He set down his pad of paper and his pen and walked over to where she stood, rubbing a reassuring hand up and down her back.

 "Hey, Syd, what is wrong?" He asked and she just stared at her toes. 

She heard the car door close outside and shot her eyes up to Antony's. "Nothing...I just, uh, need to get started making dinner. I am gonna listen to some music, okay?"

 Sydney didn't wait for a response. She unloaded all of the groceries on the counter as she blared her music up at full volume, but she didn't zone out like she usually did when listening to music like this.

 No, her mind was going at a mile a minute, catching the moment right when Marcello walked in and walked over to the counter. 

She didn't look up, even though her eyes were practically burning with the want to look up and drown in the emerald green pools of his gaze. 

She could feel Marcello's eyes on her, but she didn't allow it to show that it affected her, but it did. 

Marcello did. 

Everything he said had affected her. Why did he have to go and say that shit? He knew just as well as she did that she for one, could not get over him if he said things like that and secondly, gave her a sense of hope when she didn't necessarily want it. 

She had written off the possibility of her happily ever after happening with Marcello a long time ago and for him to start talking like nothing had happened between them, like there wasn't an ocean to be charted between them full of years of roiling emotions and long buried resentment. 

She had never come to terms with him getting engaged to Stacy, but then again, she never had gotten used to seeing him with another girl after they were together because he was her first love and there is something about your first love that can fuck up your heart and head.

 You can hate them for breaking your heart, for making you hurt...but then you remember all of the moments that made you fall in love with them in the first place and then, all the things they did and said to make you start doubting that love and if it was there or real. 

She couldn't say that she had ever fallen out of love, but just like with a scratch or a wound, it had slowly healed over and had begun to become new, but then you go and scratch it open and it is open again, hurting again. 

Sydney was grilling the asparagus when she finally looked up from what she was doing to see that Marcello and Antony were talking on the deck.

 Antony was shouting something at Marcello, angry as he motioned with his hands to Sydney inside.