Chapter Four

"Ice? For your eye?"

"Fuck you."

"Fine." Ben tossed the bag of ice onto the table.

The four were in the kitchen where Rey had been eating, the bag of food still there. In the middle of the room sat a table, a single light directly above it. There were two chairs; Poe had roughly forced Hux to sit on one, keeping a hand on his shoulder. Ben had slipped into the opposite chair across from Armitage. Rey hovered anxiously, looking between the two at a complete loss.

Ben folded his hands on the table. He leaned forward. A dark look haunted his eyes. Besides that, his face had become completely unreadable. Poe shuddered.

"You know you're really creepy when you want to be--"

Ben immediately rose a hand. Poe slammed his mouth shut, genuinely disturbed by the way Ben was staring at Hux. Hux was leering back.

Poe cocked his head to the side, looking between the two. "Why do I feel like I'm missing something?"

"You mean how the man sitting before me betrayed not only me but my army, and everything I ever stood for?" Hux snarled. "Rebel scum."

"What are you doing here?" Ben asked, his expression still blank.

Hux was holding his face where he had been punched. "You know, I could ask you the same thing."

Ben jumped to his feet, knocking his chair over. Both Rey and Poe jumped back. Ben slammed his hands down on the table, causing Hux to jump.

"YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO BE ASKING THINGS. YOU ARE ON MY SHIP."

Attempting to calm Ben down, Poe said, with some hesitation, "You know, technically, it's not just your ship. Rey and I chipped in for it, too."

Ben slowly turned his head, looking murderous. Poe laughed nervously, taking a step back. "I still stand by what I said, that you're really creepy sometimes... "

Ben help out his hand, ready to strangle Poe with the Force. Poe took another step back. Suddenly, as though he deflated, Ben then lowered his hand and picked up his chair. Sighing and going back to how he had been sitting he ground his teeth, his left eye twitching.

"Speak."

"Wow,"Hux said mockingly. "You really have changed. If that was me, or anyone else, they'd be dead."

Ben narrowed his eyes. "I'm only asking you this one more time. What are you doing here?"

Hux rubbed his face and then ran a hand through his hair. He sighed. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

Hux sat back and crossed his arms across his chest. "I'm on vacation, Ben."

"Don't call me that."

The General outright laughed. "What would you like me to call you then, Kylo?"

"How about nothing."

"Don't act so wounded," Hux snarled, "need I remind you that you're the one who--" Hux stopped talking, glaring at Rey.

"She knows."

Hux rolled his eyes, a blush creeping up his face. "Oh, that's just wonderful. I suppose you told the whole blasted universe?"

"No. Just her."

"Hey," Poe said, taking a step forward. "I don't like secrets."

"One more word out of you and I'm making you shut up," Ben hissed.