Chapter Six

Ben opened his eyes. He immediately shut them. The room spun. He had the worst headache he had ever had in his entire life. At some point his stomach had twisted itself into a painful knot which was threatening to come up his throat. He swallowed thickly, willing the liquid in his stomach to stay put.

Ben realized there was something heavy on his torso. He squinted. Hux was half laying on him. Confused, Ben looked around himself.

He didn't remember coming to the cots. And he most certainly didn't remember getting into a bed with Armitage.

Annoyed, Ben shoved Armitage. "Get off me!"

Armitage opened his eyes in a panic. He jumped out of bed, running out of the room. "Refresher, refresher! Where is it!?"

Ben moaned and turned over, shutting his eyes tightly. After a few minutes, Hux came back into the room. He plopped down on the opposite cot, holding his head. Not opening his eyes, Ben spoke.

"Better?"

"Well, I just threw up an insane amount of green liquid, so yes, I'm feeling slightly better."

"I'm never doing that again," Ben moaned.

Hux snorted. "Everyone says that the first time they have a hangover."

"No, really."

"Everyone says that too."

"I feel like I'm going to die."

"That too. You're fine. Promise. You're just going to have a rough few hours ahead of you."

Ben, still not opening his eyes, groped the wall until he found the button to talk throughout the ship.

"Rey, Poe," he said weakly. "We're awake. Where are you guys?"

A moment later, Poe's voice rang out. "GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE! HOW ARE YOU FEELING!?"

"BY THE GOD'S SHUT UP!" Armitage screamed.

"Poe!" said Rey's voice.

"Gah!" Ben put the pillow over his head. "Everyone shut up!"

"We're in the cockpit," Poe said at a normal volume. There was a click then as Poe shut off the comm.

"He's always that obnoxious, isn't he?" Armitage growled.

"Unfortunately, yes."

Ben slowly sat up. He managed a half smirk at Armitage. "And you said I was going to be the one who threw up."

"Shut up."

It hadn't been said in a jovial manner. Ben frowned. Armitage got to his feet then, towering over the other man.

"Drinking with you was a mistake. Got it?"

Ben looked crestfallen for a moment. His eyes fell to the floor. "Of course."

Armitage began to walk away. With an annoyed grunt, he then came back and sat down next to Ben.

"Look. This didn't change anything. I still don't know what to do, okay?" Armitage sighed. "I also don't know how I ended up in your cot. But please, let's just--"

"Hux, my head is pounding enough as is. Just. Stop talking."

Moments later the pair made it to where Rey and Poe were. They both swiveled in their chairs.

"Wow," Rey said. "You both look like death warmed over."

"I almost feel sorry for you," Poe added. "Almost."