Chapter 8

"LUCIEN!! LUCIEN! LuCiEn?! LUCIEN? Lucien? Loooocien! Lucy!!" I sung as I walked through the halls aimlessly. "Arya, I would much appreciate if you refrained from screaming down the entire household." I heard a voice say behind me, I jumped in fright. "Oh my gosh don't sneak up on me like that!" I told Lucien who looked nothing but unimpressed.

"Well then, your first lesson will be to learn how to use those ears and other now stronger senses you have gained with this Fae body" He told me, looking out the window thoughtfully for a moment. "uh ok? Wait lesson?" He nodded and held an arm out for me as we walked who knows where probably Tamlin's study. "Yes, Tamlin and I decided that I will give you lessons to allow you better control and to possibly uncover any abilities you may have inherited from your father." I shuddered at the thought of my father, I don't know whether it was better to not know who he was. "Well thank you then. I do really appreciate all of this." We stopped before the doors of Tamlins study before Lucien pushed them open where we found Tamlin sitting behind his desk just as he was last night. "Do you sleep?" I blurted out. He gave me a confused look. "I mean – ah no there is nothing to say to cover up for that question. Sorry Tamlin, it's just you are sitting in the same spot as you were last night." I rambled slightly trying to explain the random and strange question I had asked. He chuckled slightly. "I do sleep, thank you Arya." Gazing at me with an amused look. "Well good." I laughed awkwardly. "Thank you for organising lessons to help me." Putting aside what he was working on Tamlin nodded. "You are welcome, Arya. If you have no questions for me to answer you can go and begin your first lesson with Lucien now."

"You go and wait outside Arya I would like to speak with Tamlin for a moment." Lucien told me not moving his gaze from Tamlin. I looked between the two and decided it was best not to question it. "Sure, thank you again Tamlin." With that I hurried out of the study and closed to door behind me. Despite the fact that I was beyond curious to know what they were discussing I couldn't take action to satisfy my curiosity as they were the ones who are taking care of Feyre and I, allowing us to stay in their house all the while treating us with more than generous hospitality. They honestly aren't what I expected Fae to be like, they are far from the human killing and enslaving monsters that I grew up being warned about.

The door to the study opened and Lucien walked out with a grim expression on his face. "What was that about?" I asked curiously but Lucien just shook his head. "It's nothing that you need to worry about" At the end of his sentence I could have sworn he muttered said 'yet.' I didn't push him to tell him, if it really was important he would tell me right? I need to remember that I don't know them well, I've only be here for roughly two days. Feyre always says that I trust too easily which I guess can be both a flaw and a strength.

"So where are we going?" I questioned Lucien as we walked through the halls of the mansion. "Oh, I'm just taking you to the woods... Where I can kill you" He whispered at the end, I stopped. "I'm sorry, but did you say 'where I can kill you'?" I couldn't tell whether he was joking or being serious especially with the blank expression on his face.

Then he smiled.

"Oh I am going to kill you know, Lucien Vanserra!" I shouted in outrage. Running towards him focusing intently on not tripping over. I was successful and managed to chase him out of the mansion through the front doors before I tripped down the stairs landing in a heap on the floor. "Oh my, that hurt." I muttered. Sitting on the ground, I glanced at the stairs already plotting my revenge. I faced towards Lucien who was standing over me with a small smirk on his face, his long fiery hair blowing in the wind.

"Precision." He began. "You were so focused in succeeding in not tripping as you ran making your steps so precise and accurate that you completely forgot about other dangers and obstacles. When you move as a fae you need to feel it, feel yourself, feel your environment. You don't need to put all your energy into not falling over but into feeling everything, let your senses guide you." Well then, I guess my first lesson has begun. I got off the ground staring at him not really understand what he was trying to explain. "Close your eyes. Do not open them no matter how much your mind tells you that you need to, don't. You don't need your eyes, they can be useful, but you don't need them. Now I want you to find me. Like hide and seek ... a human game yes?" He didn't leave time for me to answer. "Close your eyes." I did. "Now count to ten then come and find me. Without your eyes."

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10.

I finished counting but I didn't know how I was supposed to find Lucien without seeing him. Let your senses guide you. He had told me. I took a deep breath. Look, touch, listen, smell and taste are the five senses. I focused clearing my mind of all other thoughts I searched for his scent, of burning wood, caramel and warm spices. It was faint but I was able to pick it out amongst the different scents of spring, Lucien's scent was distinctively different to all the scents in the spring court I wonder if he is from somewhere else. I'll have to ask when I find him. I looked around at the neatly cut gardens of Tamlin's manor before I sighed deeply and strode forwards towards the scent of Lucien's, I hope this doesn't take too long. It can't be that hard.