Chapter 4

I awoke to the scent of roses and spring rain. Opening my eyes, I was amazed, everything seemed clear I could see the tiny indents of the wall and could see how every object in the room had their own glow. I went to sit up slowly but instead shot up quickly accidently hitting myself in the head. "Well that hurt" I muttered to myself, glancing down at my hands. My fingers looked longer, and my skin looked clear of blemishes. Besides the bed I lay upon sat a small mirror. I gasped hovering a hand over my now pointed ears.

"Miraculous isn't it." A voice drawled. I whipped my head to the corner of the dainty room, there stood a man with tanned skin, a golden metal eye covered by a fox like mask, long vibrant red hair and pointed ears. A Fae male. "What happened to me?" I tried to keep my voice steady, but it came out in a whisper. "Who are you?" The Faerie stalked towards me in three long strides. "I am Lucien Vanserra and you, Arya are a shifter, the rare result of a Fae and human affair. The only question is which of your parents was a Fae." I moved out of the bed. "My mother most definitely wasn't Fae!" Lucien raised an eyebrow and I almost laughed as his ear raised along with it. "And your father?" My eyes widened in realisation and I held a hand up in shock. "We never knew who he was, my mother woke up covered in bruises in the forest one night. She had no memory of what had happened to her but months later she had me." Lucien closer moved towards me. "Where is your mother now?" I looked away from Lucien, glancing out the window at the vibrantly coloured gardens, spring at its finest. "She passed away years ago." I explained quietly. "I am sorry for your loss. I understand what it's like to lose someone you love." I looked up into Lucien's eyes "You do? If you don't mind me asking, who did you lose?" Lucien's breath faltered and his posture deflated. "My one love; she was murdered by my father while I was forced to watch by two of my brothers." My heart lurched for him and I carefully wrapped my arms around him. "I'm so sorry such an awful thing happened, Lucien. Thank you for sharing that with me." Lucien gave me a weak smile. "Ah yes, thank you for listening. Now if you don't mind your grip is rather tight." I immediately let go. "Sorry, I don't appear to know my own strength at the moment." Lucien nodded in understanding. "Not to worry, you will learn in time." I smiled, before remembering my best friend. "Wait! Where is Feyre?" Lucien raised a hand gently "I don't see why you would, but you have no need to worry about the human. She is asleep in her room." I crossed my arms sticking my chin up "Of course I would worry about her; she is my best friend!" Lucien stared back at me. Challenging. "She is a murderer." I frowned "You have to understand, Feyre did what she to do in order for us to survive, the day she killed the wolf she was out hunting for food. I am sorry for the loss of his life and I am sorry that he was your friend. But Feyre didn't know what it truly was, I'm sure if she had known she would have left him be. The past is the past and even if you cannot forget it is best to forgive than stay tied down in hate. Get to know Feyre she is a kind and loyal person despite her sometimes cold exterior."

Lucien's mechanical eye narrowed in on me for a moment, analysing. "Are you aware that your friend used an ash arrow to kill my friend?" I stopped. Could Feyre have really known that the wolf was a Fae? Surely not. "Fine, I may not know the truth behind Feyre's actions, but she is still my friend. No matter what I will be there until the end. I will never forget her." Lucien bowed his head "Your loyalty is admirable Arya, but I would be careful whom you give that loyalty to." I smiled pushing my now thick shimmering golden hair behind my shoulders. "Thank you, Lucien." Lucien composed himself, straightening his back and heading to the door as he beckoned for me to follow behind him. I followed behind Lucien watching as his long red hair swished behind him. One day I am going to braid his hair, no one will stop me. We strolled through the never ending hallways, all pristine and neat. We appeared to be inside a manor of sorts it was huge, a hundred times bigger than the Archerons cottage. Along the way I stumbled a lot not used to my now stronger and seemingly longer legs. I even accidentally ran through a door splintering the wood sending pieces flying. I attempted to clean it up, bending down on my knees but a second later I was pulled up by Lucien and pulled through the halls as he muttered incoherently under his breath though I clearly heard the phrase "worse than a child Fae." It's not my fault, I spent my entire life thinking I was human and now I am apparently a human-fae shifter. It's a lot to take in and adjust to. "Lucien, where are in the world are we going?" I asked after I almost fell face first onto the floor. "To meet your host."