Chapter 3

Feyre and I held onto each other's hands, as we followed behind the beast. Scared of what to come, who knew what torment and misery waited for us in Prythian. Across the wall.

I didn't dare speak as we entered the line of trees, darkness beckoning from the depths of the forest. It's strange to think I have lived here my entire life but still so much is unknown. Amongst the frost covered trees was a white mare, patiently waiting. Nearing it, she bowed her head almost in a sign of respect. Silently the beast beckoned us onto it, I was used to riding. I often spent hours riding with Elia. I would truly miss her; I wonder what the Archeron's would tell her about what happened to me. Surely, they couldn't say Oh Arya has gone over the wall into the land of the Fae to protect Feyre who mistakenly killed a Fae. They would be the laughingstock of town. After mounting the horse with ease, I helped Feyre up in front of me as she had only ridden a pony once and that was many years ago.

Moving through the forest, the mare followed behind the beast northward towards Prythian. I wondered what would become of us. The beast said live with him, but what manner of lands would we be living in? Would we be treated well? Would I regret this decision? No of course I wouldn't, I am doing this for Feyre as long as we are together, I could never regret this decision. As I gazed around at the forest Feyre began to question the beast. "What manner of Faerie are you?" The beast didn't turn around, didn't bother to respond at all just continued prowling ahead of us. "Do you have a name?" Feyre tried again. This time the beast let out a bitter laugh. "Does it even matter to you, human?" Feyre didn't respond and as she went to speak again the beast let out a growl of annoyance before Feyre slumped slightly in front of me but didn't fall off the white mare. Glancing towards the beast I found him staring, almost challenging me to question, to speak. Clearly, he didn't feel like being questioned by two mortal humans. "Just so you know I would care to know your name. To know about you. You are a living creature just as I am." He didn't respond, just turned and continued through the forest. So I stayed silent for the rest of the journey.

We seemed to walk for ages through the forest. I had dozed off occasionally and in front of me Feyre stayed asleep. Was it some kind of Faerie magic? How long would she stay asleep? Suddenly a sharp metallic smell filled my nose. Magic. We had crossed the wall. Suddenly a burning sensation that began at the tips of my ears spread across my body. Then everything went blank...