Chapter 7

"Arya! I was so worried about you – Ary... your ears! What did they do to you?" Feyre snarled glaring towards the large manor. I gently reached for her hand and led her to sit on the soft green grass. "Feyre listen. I know what it may seem like but they did nothing – this is my true self, I am what the Fae call a shifter. One who can move between human and Fae form due to a human/Fae affair." I explained slowly and carefully afraid of rejection from the person I thought of as a sister. "You father..." Feyre trailed off. "We never knew who he was. He had to have been a Fae." I finished. Silence sang between us.

I tilted my head up gazing at the clear blue sky so different to the grey winter sky that would be covering the mortal lands. "How could you not have known you were part Fae all this time?" I sighed, I don't even know myself. "I truly don't know, Feyre. I will have to talk to Lucien and Tamlin again, hopefully they will be able to clear up some more of my questions. It seems so unreal to have been raised to know the Fae as vicious monsters only to discover I myself am part Fae." Feyre gave me a gentle smile and I could see her calculating behind her stormy grey eyes.

I nearly rolled my eyes. "Alright Fey, what are you planning?" I asked my friend who immediately blushed at being caught. "Whatever do you mean dear Arya?" She asked me playfully. I crossed my arms as I narrowed my violet eyes at her. "Don't play dumb Feyre, it isn't a good look on you. But it's alright I already know what you were doing, you don't casually stroll through a garden unless you're planning a painting. You were marking the paths and looking for possible hiding spot's, weren't you?" Feyre sighed. "How do you always guess so easily?" I laughed shaking my head. "It's a gift." Feyre let out a quiet snort which only led me to laugh more. Soon we were both laying on the soft grass in a fit of laughter. For a moment everything felt normal.

"Feyre! Arya!" An unfamiliar voice called from across the garden. It was a brown-haired female with a simple brass mask in a fashion similar to a bird. "Who's that?" I asked more to myself than Feyre though she answered me anyway. "Alis." Oh, of course Ilsa had told me about her I hope that Feyre wasn't too harsh on the poor woman. Moving from the grass we retraced our steps through the garden back to the house. "Hello, you must be Alis. It is very nice to meet you." I greeted as Feyre and I stepped before her. "A pleasure to meet you as well Arya." She sent me a smile which I great fully returned. Alis then turned her head towards Feyre. "Feyre" She addressed to which Feyre nodded. My face became blank with disappointment; I nudged Feyre discreetly in the side urging her to greet the woman properly. "Hi Alis, I hope you have had a pleasant morning." Feyre spoke with a slightly bitter tone. Alis' eyes slid to mine as she gave me a knowing smile. Clearly my discreet nudge was not so discreet. "I have, thankyou Feyre. Now lunch is prepared for both you, come along."

We followed Alis through the silent hallways, each of our footsteps echoing in the huge house. Sneaking around this place would be nearly impossible. Alis stopped before a door and opened it, Feyre walked in and as I made to follow something stopped me. "The master wished you to know that after your lunch you may go find him or Lucien to talk about your situation." Alis told me, I nodded and thanked her before she left Feyre and I alone in the room. It was a very beautiful and neat room just like the rest of the house. With muted white walls and two glass doors that opened up to the garden and wooden chairs and a table embellished with gold. The table was laden with an assortment of foods, some familiar and some not. We hadn't eaten this well ever in our entire lives, I could tell Feyre was thinking the exact same thing as we glanced at each other with a smile.

"Do ... you like it here?" Feyre asked me partway through lunch. I shrugged placing my fork down onto the table only to notice the slight dent in the handle. I noticed Feyre's glance hover on it, but I ignored it. I think me being part Fae may take some time getting used to for Feyre. "I don't know the place well enough to truly judge it but there is something about the air of Prythian that makes me feel comfortable; at home in a way. Though I do truly miss our home, what do you think of it here?" Feyre looking out the window as she let out a quiet sigh.

"This place is huge and dangerous. No matter what happens Arya I will never belong here, not like you because of your newfound heritage. I am human and always will be. I don't want to spend the rest of my life living in fear, but I have no choice all because I killed a that wolf." Feyre's voiced hollowed at the end as unshed tears swirled in her eyes. I immediately got out of my chair to comfort her – too quickly. I tripped on the chair leg and went sprawling onto the floor bringing the tablecloth and all our left-over food with me. I groaned. "Stupid fae body." Beside me Feyre knelt beside me trying to help me while she laughed loudly. "Stop laughing at my misery." I grumbled as I got back up. "I am so sorry Ary, but that was the best thing I've seen in days."

Suddenly the door to the room burst open and in walked Ilsa and Alis trailed by little Elliot. "What on earth happened in here." Feyre immediately quieted hiding back behind her mask. Looking around the room I noticed that everything that once sat upon the table had been spilt onto the floor in a huge mess. I blushed in embarrassment. "I am so sorry, I tripped and then the next thing we knew everything had fallen with me." I rubbed my upper arm nervously. "I'm still not really used to the fae body. I'm really sorry Ilsa, Alis." Ilsa shook her head with a smile while Alis tried to hide her smile. "Don't worry Arya we all make mistakes." Ilsa told me and I smiled in thanks.

"Miss Arya!" A little voice cheered and before I knew it a little body was hugging my legs. I looked down to see Elliot with his curly brown hair. "Hello Elliot" I said with a laugh as I bent down to reach his level. "How has your day been?" I asked the small fae. "Very boring! I've been with mother in the kitchen all morning doing nothing because she said I couldn't go play!" As Elliot explained to me he waved his arms around in exaggeration a frown upon his cute face. Suddenly he perked up with a smile across his face. "Will you play with me Arya? Please Miss Arya, please!" From behind us Ilsa cleared her throat. "Elliot" She said in a low scolding voice, I sent her a gentle smile. "It's alright Ilsa. Elliot I would love to play with you but I have a couple of things to do today. So how about tomorrow morning we play?" A bright smile lit up Elliots face as he jumped up and down in excitement. "Thank you! I can't wait! Mother can I go? Please?" He begged Ilsa who smiled and shook her head lightly. "Of course you can sweetie. Now how about we leave Miss Arya alone with her friend?" Elliot nodded and got up before dashing out of the room followed by Ilsa. "Girls just leave the room, someone will come and clean it up in a moment." She called out as she left.

I turned to face Feyre who was looking at me in astonishment. "How can you get along with them so well?" I shrugged with a smile. "They are really nice Feyre, just give them a chance." "They work for our captor." I crossed my arms. "Feyre, Tamlin is obeying the laws of the treaty, he didn't have choice but to bring you here. I understand that you miss home and worry for your family. I do too, but we should be thankful to Tamlin for providing for your family and giving us the opportunity to stay here where we are protected." Feyre gave me a small smile. "No, you're right I'm sorry. It's just a little difficult for me to put trust in the people we were warned against our whole lives." I nodded "I completely understand, I think it is just a bit easier for me because I am now part fae." Feyre's gaze again moved to my pointed ears. "It's so incredible that we never knew. Do you think you'll be able to shift back into a human?" She inquired. "I just have to practice which reminds me I need to go speak with Tamlin and Lucien. Would you like to come?" I asked moving towards to door. "Oh ... That's alright I might just explore for a little while." I gave my friend a hug. "Be safe, I'll see you later Feyre." Feyre hugged me back. "You too, Addy."

As we walked in different directions Feyre called out. "Don't get lost" I laughed. "I don't get lost!!" I heard her laugh too before the halls fell silent. Only then did I realise I didn't know where I was going. I was infact lost. Well, here we go, a smile crept upon my face. "LUCIEN!!"