~Chapter Four~

Christmas.

The joyful day of the year to get presents.

I got 3 new Yaoi books, new Vans in black and green, a blue sweater which I cherish, and a couple of new video games which included Fifa '15!

Santa snuck in a little slip that said, "enjoy," with a $1,000 check.

He always likes to overdo it. The same every year since that fateful battle. A check that I would hide away from my mother's eyes that went towards what I call my college wallet.

*************

"Hey."

I turned to see Jack floating in my window, again.

"Old habits die hard, eh Jack?"

"You know it." He landed on his feet in the middle of my room. "So I see that old fart gave you a good day."

I laughed. "Yeah, he sneaked in a little card saying, 'Happy late birthday, Jamie.' He's a softie."

He smiled. "Only for you."

He snapped his fingers and a blue box with silver sparkles appeared in his hand. It was a medium size and sparked my curiosity.

"Ooh, what's that?" I asked impatiently.

He tossed me the box. "Open and see."

I quickly tore the wrapping paper off and flipped open the box's flaps. Inside was a snowglobe with me and Jack hugging in the middle of the fake white stuff.

"That's actual snow. A little magic keeps it from melting and the glass is indestructible," he established.

On the base were words written in script;

'My little friend. Forever. Happy birthday, Jaybear.'

Tears came to me as I quickly jumped into Jack's cold embrace.

"Thank you, thank you, Jack. Best present ever."

"I'm glad. I love you, Jaybear."

"I love you too, Jackie."