~Chapter Fifteen~ Pt 1

Jack's POV

"JACK!!! WATCH OUT!!!"

I jolted up, gasping for breath. My entire body covered in sweat as I regained myself. Wherever I was...

This was not Santa's Workshop. This didn't even look like Earth. Where are the Guardians? More importantly...

Where's Jamie?

I slowly got up from the ground as I examined my surroundings. It was like Paradise. Green plant life, large tropical trees, high crystal clear waterfalls and white sand hugging along the water. But then I look farther towards the East and the atmosphere became more and more barren and cool like each area was the next season. The perfect paradise...

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain explode on my left shoulder. So strong, it brought me to my knees. I gritted my teeth in agony as the pain slowly began to spread.

"Easy there, Tiger," said a soft masculine voice.

When he placed his hand on me, the pain went as fast as it came. I breathed a sigh of relief as I righted myself again. Before me stood a tall, lithe man with pure white hair and peach colored skin. He held himself strongly with an aura of authority but also calmness. He was clothed in a crisp, white suit that somehow drew immediate attention to his one grey and one dark blue eyes.

"Thank you," I replied. "But where am I?"

He smiled softly. "You are in my fortress."

"Where is that, exactly?" I asked in confusion.

He slowly bent down to meet my face as he whispered, "Everywhere."

And he was gone.

I looked at all immediate directions with no man in sight. He somehow disappeared within this...room? Castle? Dimension? Wherever this fortress existed.

"Over here, Jack!" He called out.

But when I looked, he was nowhere in sight. I looked up at the ceiling but it was just the sky. A large expansion that fitted with the room.

I moved forward towards Fall when I heard, "Warm!"

Then I ran through the seasons. So weird, I can feel the temperature change but it didn't affect me. I comfortably went through Fall without succumbing to the slightly warmer temperature.

As I reached Winter, the man quickly fell into step with me. Just when that happened, the entire room rumbled and shook like an earthquake is near. But it didn't phase the mysterious deity. He just looked around as the snow crumbled everywhere and the ice in the ocean cracked.

"You must have been disturbed," he mused to himself.

"Well of course! It feels like an earthquake!!" I exclaimed.

"Not you," he snapped. "Your body."

All my blood ran cold. "My-my body?"

"Yes," he sighed. "This is only your soul."

I can't believe it... Am I dead? Was this heaven? If it were, where's all the angels? The other dead humans? Was this only for the Guardians? Am I the first?

What will happen to Jaime?

With every question that flooded my thoughts, I fell down to the soft snow hill behind me. The man kneeled in front of me as concern washed over him.

"Am I dead?" I finally whispered.

He waited a minute before replying, "Nearly."

Agony far worse than before took me into its grips as the pain of leaving Jaime set in. I hope the others will keep him safe against Pitch.