Bane

Chapter 4: Bane

     Two men sat in a dark room. "Well that was unexpected wasn't it? I bet your intuition was not enough to conclude blood from the get go." the first said. "It was a hasty but decisive move on the part of the Dark Angles. They have revealed much but learned much as well. Arco was wise to strike an early blow. They have indeed gotten into the heads of their enemies." the second replied. "Yes, but what about Goshen? The death didn't seem to bother him." said the first. "He is a battle hardened general. More stubborn than even you and your antics. I will not be surprised if he crushes the Dark Angels personally on their next encounter." replied the second. "Yes, the rage is building inside him. It could make him foolish. Isn't this exciting! I can't wait to see him explode!

     A teen smirked in a dreary cell. He had been there for quite some time but he felt the tides were turning in his favor already. He could feel the aura pulsing through his veins. His hair was blonde and spiky. A little on the short side his body was thin but muscular. His prison clothes were tattered. The shirt was a little too big for him and the shorts only reached mid thigh. He loved attention and in this prison all eyes were on him. He had caused quite the havoc and only at the age of 17 no less. They had to switch him to this secluded cell soon after arriving because he'd strangled another prisoner who spit on him. He enjoyed prison life and the reputation that came with it. It was truly a shame that he'd be leaving so soon. Turning to the right he gazed at his artwork. It was a demon etched into the wall. Blood and bones shrouded the creature. The fire and brimstone seemed to burn to life, flash and flicker in Bane's eyes. This was it. His own blood was hot and thick. He would no longer be the caged animal but the wild one. Outstretching his arms he fed red aura into the carving. The aura of power. "Hey! Stop that!" the guard outside the cell exclaimed, frantically fumbling with the keys. Guards down both hallways began to run towards Bane's cell. With all the red aura engulfing the carving Bane wretched the demon statue out of the wall without moving a muscle. The statue floated over Bane effortlessly, glowing bright red. The guard at the door dropped backwards letting out a yelp. The statue backed up to the end of the cell only to fly forward at full speed! With an enormous "Crash!" It rent a hole through the middle of the bars. Bane stepped through out into the hallway. Guards on both sides gradually came to a halt. They stared in bewildered horror at the spectacle. Bane looked over at them smiling. The guards said nothing, unable to move in shock. Bane sent the demon flying down the hallway at them. Before it got to them they escaped their stupor. Two ran while the other slumped to the ground curling in a ball. The man whimpered as the statue floated passed him and continued chasing the runners. Right before catching them it turned, flying back in Bane's direction. The men continued running. Once reaching Bane it turned, flying down the hallway towards the other guards who had already started running. Bane couldn't kill these men. The idea of his memory haunting them forever was too tempting. Bane continued his rampage down a number of hallways and up stairs, knocking any guards out of the way that refused to run from the demon. At last he made it to an exit. Bane readied the statue to slam through the doors. "Hold it!" yelled an angry voice from behind. Bane attempted to turn but found that he could not. Bane glanced down at his feet that were now entirely covered in a pink sludge. "Ah, someone actually interesting." he thought to himself. It was another Jenzu user. Swiveling just his torso and head he got a good look at the man. He appeared to be just another guard. He wore heavier armor and a helmet though. The man had his gun leveled at Bane. Bane lowered the floating statue, as to cover him from behind. "Stop!" the man shouted, "Release the statue or I'll shoot you!" Bane only smiled. In a flash the demon soared toward the man. The man began firing the machine gun and drilling the statue repeatedly. It continued at him but before reaching him the man swung his arms in a motion together. The statue slowly came to a stop. It was glued to the floor, walls, and ceiling by the pink sludge. Bound, it struggled but could not reach the man. "This is the last time I'll warn you!" the man yelled. After wiggling for a bit longer the statue went limp. The man paused for a moment staring down the hallway at Bane. Gun still leveled he began to approach. Upon reaching the slime bound statue he stepped over the line of sludge to the right. Instantly he was slammed against the wall by the statue. The hard impact knocked the gun from his hands. It simply squoze him there for a moment before letting him fall dazed to the floor. The red aura enshrouding the demon began to flare brilliantly. Tearing through the sludge in a single sweep it soared at full speed toward Bane's back. Crouching and ducking his head, Bane stretched out his arms and clung to the feet of the demon as it swept over him. Not stopping, the flying statue ripped banes feet out of the pink goo and smashed through the exit doors.